All Campuses To Close at 11 am, March 5th, 2015
Scholarship keeps writing studentâ€™s memory, deeds alive | More
Rowan University Study Links BPA Exposure to Autism Spectrum Disorder | More
MEDacademy Open House Scheduled for March 14 | More
Rowan University takes the handlebars in making a difference: Fourth annual Mustache March to benefit American Stroke Association | More
Rowan Innovation Venture Fund accepting applications for financing | More
The Preliminary Rowan University Hazard Mitigation Plan Appendix is available for public review and comment. Follow the HMP
If anyone is interested in the on-going update of the hazard mitigation plan should review the website and use the “Contact Us" feature on the website if they have any questions or comments.
- Escort Team
- Academic Buildings
- Security Gate
- Desk Operations
- Pick up radio and flashlight at 7:00
- Check Code Blue phones
- Make community contacts
- Attend breifing in Magnolia su-station at 8:00
- When called for an escort, stop what you are doing, and go directly to escort
- Fill out paper work accurately, escorts names and where they came from and where to.
- Also document any lights that are not working on campus by #
- Make sure that you document any Code Blue phones that are not working
- Radio terminology
- 505-Escort team, 500-Gloria
- Speak clearly into the radio, after the beep has finished
- At end of 1st shift, meet at Magnolia and wait for the 2nd shift to arrive.
- Get radio at 7:00
- Upon arrival at Academic building, do a walk through making sure that all is okay
- Station yourself at the desk designated in your given building
- Make a walk through every hour
- Remain highly visible at the times that classes let out
- Leave building in order for you to return to Triad at 10:00
- Get radio. Do walk through of library making sure that all is okay
- Station yourself at the desk near main entrance
- Upon the closing of the library make sure that everyone leaves the library
- At the end of your shift, wait for your relif to show. If they do not show after 15 minutes
- Call senior practitioner and you are free to leave
- Arrive in Triad to pick up your radio at 9:00
- Help all the people who appears as though need help
- Return to Triad at 4:00 to turn in radio
- First duty begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Get ready for work
- Phone - plug in if needed, check to make sure it is working
- Log book and binder
- Card box
- Overnight guest permissions forms
- Overnight guest passes
- Read information since the last time that you worked, log, ON guest sheet, etc.
- Keep information organized and secure at all times.
- Sign in
- Acknowledge guests and hosts (Host MUST be there)
- Ask for ID from both host and guests
- Check for validity
- Check for acceptable ID's
- (Driver's license, school ID, Military ID, Passport, Social Security Card, etc.)
- Document on sign in sheet
- Host and guest names, type of ID, room #, phone #, time in
- Place ID's in card box
- Overnight guest passes
- Both roommates must be present to complete form
- Get both signatures
- Get name of visitor and time of visit
- Check ID of guest and host
- Document on sign in sheet
- Fill out ON and check info
- Return all ID's
- Proctor must sign form
- In the event of a special situation, contact the RHD or the professional staff
- Anyone who chooses to stay beyond the check out time MUST get an ON guest pass
- Anyone who comes in after the check out time MUST get an ON guest pass
- Check out policy
- Host must be there with guest
- Check time and document on sheet
- Return ID's
- Guest not allowed to return to room, must either exit the building or go into the lounge (if applicable)
- Document all violations and leave with the RHD
- Phone calls
- Answer the phone politely
- Thank you for calling _______. This is ______. How can I help you?
- Hello, this is _______ desk, can I help you?
- Argument between guests/hosts/parents
- Explain policy. If additional question refer to RA, RHD, Professional staff or Public Safety. In that order.
- "I am sorry that I could not provide the information that you needed, let me refer you to ..."
- Refuse to stop and sign in
- Inform the guests and residents that all guests must sign in.
- If they continue, call staff and give description and name of host if known.
- Explain policy to the guests and residents saying that is is for the safety of the residents and all who visit
- Do not touch or attempt to apprehend any guests or residents.
- Injury, fight, or fire, call Public Safety immediately, followed by the staff on duty
- Document any emergency in the duty log.
- Fire drill/fire alarm
- Secure all equipment
- Prepare to remove it
- NEVER leave it unattended unless in case of life or health threatening situation
- Cooperate with staff and public safety
- Shift Changes
- If relief id late, give a couple minutes, try calling, then call public safety. DO NOT JUST LEAVE!!!
- Pass on all relevant information to late shift
- Check quantity of forms and contact senior practitioners of shortages
- Document all violations
- Check area before leaving. Throw out trash, make sure all documentation is secure
- NEVER leave before the end of duty unless authorized
- Report and document all violations and leave them with the RHD