Accelerated Product Development
By levering the assets of the College of Engineering (CoE) and the College of Liberal Art & Sciences (CLAS), SJTP tenant companies can accelerate their product development efforts, and speed products to market.
Technical Disciplines in the COE
The Engineering Clinic Affiliates Program is just one of the College's successful initiatives. In the program, companies provide sponsorship funds and real-world projects for the faculty led student clinics. Students and faculty work together on problems which in many cases the companies have not had the talent or resources to solve themselves. Several of the region’s technology companies have already benefited significantly from these collaborative efforts as the clinics develop new technologies, processes and products as well as making instrumentation and equipment more effective and efficient.
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
Technical Disciplines in the CLAS
In September 2003, Rowan opened its $45 million, state-of-the-art science complex on campus. The facilities and resources of this 150,000 square-foot building are a valuable asset to the SJTP Tenants. This world class facility houses Rowan’s scientific talent and development facilities in the following disciplines:
And still more to offer, the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences leads the way in the important area of Computer Science, where the application of the latest theory and practice of computational science is applied to business problems. The Computer Science faculty is committed to contributing to the expansion of knowledge in the Computer Science discipline through teaching, research, and service to the business community.
World class test, instrumentation and rapid prototyping facilities and equipment in $28 million engineering building, Rowan Hall, which is home to:
- Rapid Prototype Laboratory - CNC Turning & Vertical Machining, Laser Cutter, 3-D Printer, SLA-150 Stereo Lithography
- Biofuels, Emissions, And Sustainable Energy Laboratory - SemTech-D & PM-300 Mobile Emissions Analyzers
- Imaging & Nondestructive Evaluation Laboratory - X-ray Micro CT Scanner, Immersion Ultrasound System, Magnetic Imaging System
- Mechanical Testing Laboratory - MTS 831.10 Servo Hydraulic Test Frame with Environmental Chamber, ATS Rheosystem & Viscometer
In addition the Rowan University world-class $45 million Natural Sciences research facilities (Science Hall) include:
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- RF/DC Three Target Thin Film Deposition System
- JEOL 5200 Scanning Probe Microscope
- PSIA XL100 Scanning Probe Microscope
- Quantum Design Physical Properties Measurement Systems
- Magnetic Properties Laboratory
- Optical Properties Laboratory