Educational Opportunity Fund
Maximizing Academic Potential Program
CMSRU researcher receives NIH Grant to study impact of carbon dioxide following cardiac arrest | More
Lehrman named dean of Rowanâ€™s Rohrer College of Business | More
College of Engineering among U.S. schools committed to educating 20,000 students to meet â€śGrand Challengesâ€ť | More
Rowan teaches the world | More
It's a Match! | More
The mission of the EOF/MAP program is to provide access to a community of learners that embrace high academic standards and an appreciation of learning.
Through a holistic approach, we will value each student’s unique gifts and talents and provide an environment that embraces and celebrates diversity.
Consistent with the University mission, we will foster the intellectual, critical thinking and personal development of students which enables them to live as essential contributing members of a multi-cultural society.
The ultimate goal of the EOF/MAP program is to retain and graduate students through support services and innovative programs.
The objectives of the EOF/MAP program are to:
- Develop programs and support services that will impact retention through graduation.
- Foster a sense of independence and interdependence to support student development.
- Facilitate personal growth and leadership development.
- Create a sense of responsibility and commitment.
- Provide cultural, social, leadership and academic experiences that will encourage students to fully engage in campus programs while enhancing their collegiate experience.
- Expose and educate students to the diverse global environment and to foster a sense of appreciation for the similarities and differences we all embody.
- Provide students with mentorship, supports services, academic, and personal counseling to become well rounded individuals to prepare them for graduation and life beyond Rowan.
- Provide financial assistance and/or information to aid eligible students in attending college.