HOW TO REGISTER FOR WINTER OR SUMMER COURSES:
Disclaimer: This information applies to matriculated/non-matriculated undergraduate and graduate (non-medical) students registered for Rowan Winter 2015-16 or Summer 2016. (Students in special courses/programs such as Study Abroad, Rowan Choice, Rowan Select, PCI/EOF, ESL, or medical courses/programs such as GSBS, SOM, or CMSRU may have different/additional deadlines of which they should be aware. Please check with your program coordinator for details.)
Step One: Choose the course/courses you want.
All of Rowan's available courses each term are listed in our Section Tally. Click here to link to the Tally and for navigation tips!
Step Two: Get activated, if needed, and register online.
Click on the following links to learn additional details regarding how to register for courses:
Current Rowan Students
New/Entering Students (Freshman, Transfer, and Graduate)
Click here for step-by-step online registration instructions.
Students who have previously been matriculated at Rowan University but have stopped out and are no longer able to automatically register, should contact the following offices for re-enrollment assistance:
- For undergraduate students: Please contact the Office of Academic Transition Programs at (856) 256-5655.
- For graduate and post-baccalaureate/non-medical students: Please contact Rowan Global Student Services at (856) 256-5435 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step Three: Follow registration and payment deadlines!
All registration must be completed within the appropriate deadlines.
Click here for registration-related deadlines. Click here for payment-related deadlines.
For additional details, check out the Course Registration Information Guide (RIGS) on the Registrar website.
Any other questions or concerns about winter or summer terms should be emailed to OWSS.
COURSE REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PERKS
REGISTER ONLINE OR IN-PERSON
Registration and payment activity (initial registration, dropping/adding, paying bills, etc.) should be performed on Student Self Service (http://www.rowan.edu/selfservice) any day (Monday-Sunday) between 7AM-11PM.
- Meet with your program advisor to select courses and review prerequisites before registering.
- Visit rowan.edu/selfservice.
- Click "Access Banner Services.”
- Enter your Rowan ID as User ID. (If you don’t know your Rowan ID, visit rowan.edu/mybanner.)
- Enter your PIN. If this is your FIRST TIME logging in to the Self Service system, your PIN will be your 6-digit birthday, in the format MMDDYY. (If you don’t know your PIN, visit rowan.edu/mybanner.)
- Click "Login." (First time users will see a screen that says “Your PIN has expired.” Please follow the prompts to set a permanent PIN.)
- For first time login, you will be prompted to set a security question.
- To change PIN or security question, select “Personal Information.”
- To register, select “Student & Financial Aid.”
- Click "Registration."
- Click "Add or Drop Classes."
- Select the semester (term) you are registering for, then click “Submit."
- Enter the five-digit course reference number (CRN) of the courses you wish to register for and click the "Submit Changes" button.
- Classes that were accepted will be listed first, classes closed or that you are not eligible to register for will be displayed second, and additional blank boxes will be at the bottom for adding more courses.
After registration, review your schedule for accuracy via Rowan Self Service (rowan.edu/selfservice) by clicking on “Student Detailed Schedule.” (Other details about your course may also be listed in the title column of the Section Tally.) Make any adjustments/changes as needed before the drop/add deadline has passed.
- For Winter Session 2015-2016 get activated & registered as follows:
For Winter Session 2015-2016, all courses are administered by the Division of Global Learning & Partnerships (formerly CGCE), and are known as “Letter Sections.” Letter Sections are identified in the Section Tally by a letter after the section number in the “Sect” column. Any activation and/or registration-related issues for these courses are handled by Rowan Global Student Services (email@example.com). Please complete the Rowan Global Activation & Registration Form (available to download for Graduate: http://rowanu.com/graduate/forms / Undergraduate: http://rowanu.com/undergraduate/forms) and submit it to Rowan Global Student Services in-person between 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, via fax to 856-256-5637, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; Questions? (856) 256-5435.
- For Summer Session 2016 get activiated & registered as follows:
Begining with January, 2016 and therefore, including Summer Session 2016, any activation and/or registration-related issues for non-medical courses are handled by the Office of the Registrar at (856) 256-4360, 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday or (email@example.com). Questions? (856) 256-4360. (See also the "Disclaimer" at the top of this section.)
Students must still meet any and all pre-requisites/restrictions for the course(s) of interest.
Any general questions or concerns about winter or summer terms should be emailed to OWSS.
» Back to Top