HOW TO REGISTER FOR WINTER OR SUMMER COURSES:
Register by Course Type:
There are two major course types in which you may register in winter or summer, and the course type determines which Rowan office you will use for registration assistance for that particular course:
- Traditional Format/Non-Letter Section Courses: Rowan courses offered in face-to-face settings and on one of Rowan’s campus locations. Any registration-related issues for these courses (that do not have a letter after them in the section column of the Section Tally) are handled by the Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Non-traditional Format Courses – Letter Sections: Rowan courses that are either accelerated and/or offered in an alternative mode of delivery such as off-site, online or hybrid. With the exception of medical courses, these are administered by the Division of Global Learning & Partnerships (formerly CGCE), and are known as “Letter Sections.” Letter Sections are identified in the Section Tally by a letter after the section number in the “Sect” column. Any registration-related issues for these courses are handled by Rowan Global Academic Services (email@example.com).
Disclaimer: This information applies to matriculated/non-matriculated undergraduate and graduate (non-medical) students registered for Rowan Summer 2015. (Students in special courses/programs such as Study Abroad, Rowan Choice, Rowan Select, PCI/EO, ESL, or medical courses/programs such as GSBS, SOM, or CMSRU may have different/additional deadlines of which they should be aware. Please check with your program coordinator for details.)
Click on the following links to learn additional details regarding how to register for courses:
Current Rowan Students
New/Entering Students (Freshman, Transfer, and Graduate)
COURSE REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PERKS
REGISTER ONLINE OR IN-PERSON
Registration and payment activity (initial registration, dropping/adding, paying bills, etc.) should be performed on Student Self Service (http://www.rowan.edu/selfservice) any day (Monday-Sunday) between 7AM-11PM.
- Meet with your program advisor to select courses and review prerequisites before registering.
- Visit rowan.edu/selfservice.
- Click "Access Banner Services.”
- Enter your Rowan ID as User ID. (If you don’t know your Rowan ID, visit rowan.edu/mybanner.)
- Enter your PIN. If this is your FIRST TIME logging in to the Self Service system, your PIN will be your 6-digit birthday, in the format MMDDYY. (If you don’t know your PIN, visit rowan.edu/mybanner.)
- Click "Login." (First time users will see a screen that says “Your PIN has expired.” Please follow the prompts to set a permanent PIN.)
- For first time login, you will be prompted to set a security question.
- To change PIN or security question, select “Personal Information.”
- To register, select “Student & Financial Aid.”
- Click "Registration."
- Click "Add or Drop Classes."
- Select the semester (term) you are registering for, then click “Submit."
- Enter the five-digit course reference number (CRN) of the courses you wish to register for and click the "Submit Changes" button.
- Classes that were accepted will be listed first, classes closed or that you are not eligible to register for will be displayed second, and additional blank boxes will be at the bottom for adding more courses.
After registration, review your schedule for accuracy via Rowan Self Service (rowan.edu/selfservice) by clicking on “Student Detailed Schedule.” (Other details about your course may also be listed in the title column of the Section Tally.) Make any adjustments/changes as needed before the drop/add deadline has passed.
- To register for a Traditional Format/Non-letter Section couress: (Rowan courses offered in face-to-face settings and on one of Rowan’s campus locations with no letter appearing after the course after the section column in the Section Tally), visit the Registrar’s Office (located in Savitz Hall, 1st Floor). The Registrar’s Office is open Monday-Friday, 8AM-4:30 PM to provide in-person registration-related assistance for all Traditional Format/Non-letter courses.
- For Non-traditional Format course section (“Letter Sections”) registration assistance and form processing (faculty overrides, prerequisite waivers, permission to take over 15 credits, etc.), visit Rowan Global Academic Services at Enterprise Center, 225 Rowan Blvd., 3rd Floor, (next to the Bookstore). Rowan Global Academic Services is open Monday-Friday, 8AM-4:30 PM to provide in-person registration-related assistance for all Letter Sections.
^Students must still meet any and all pre-requisites/restrictions for the course(s) of interest.
Any general questions or concerns about winter or summer terms should be emailed to OWSS.
» Back to Top