Rowan University Job Announcements
Position: Paid Internship Opportunity, FWS and IWS
Department: Facilities & Operation
Facilities & Operations is seeking a student intern to assist the Director of Business Services in carrying out various duties related to the finances, operations and physical expansion of the University.
Tasks that the student will perform may include, but will not necessarily be limited to:
· Researching best practices in higher education financial management, facility management, operations and real estate development through various industry associations, peer institutions and other sources
· Compiling financial and operational data from within and outside of the University and organizing the information for presentation to the Director
· Assisting with the development of financial and project-related spreadsheets and other reports
· Other duties as assigned
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (ability to format spreadsheets and perform basic calculations within program)
· Major/concentration in Finance, Business, Accounting, Management or related discipline preferred but all academic backgrounds welcome
· Interest in business, real estate finance and development, financial management and/or facilities operations
Starting Date: By 3-30-13
This is an opportunity to learn about the business of running a university and gain valuable business experience. Interested candidates should submit their resume or a statement of qualifications to Mary Ann Butts, Linden Hall, Room 215 or firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th.