Rowan University Job Announcements
Position: Metadata/Process Student Assistant (2 positions), Federal Work Study (FWS)
Department: Campbell Library
1. Applying Spine Labels: student workers should be able to use the OCLC Label Program to accurately type and print labels or to retrieve labels for the correct book.
2. Applying Barcodes.
3. Stamping books as "Rowan University Libraries" property.
4. Applying Security Strips: Students should use the correct type of security strip for hardback or paperback books.
5. Preparing Leased Books to be processed into permanent circulating collection by removing the barcodes and spine labels of the leasing vendor.
6. Laminating Paperback Books.
7. Covering Book Jackets with cover protectors.
8. Pulling items from the shelves for transfer or withdrawal.
9. Checking shelves for missing or duplicate books: Students must be familiar with the Library of Congress call number system and able to locate and retrieve books from the stacks.
10. Packing boxes to recycle withdrawn items.
11. Checking OCLC and Voyager for duplicate holdings of books: Students must be able to retrieve library holdings information from OCLC and Voyager.
12. Filling pages in various cataloging manuals as needed.
13. Helping with other cataloging special projects as needed.
1. Willing to and able to sit working at the computer for hours
2. Detail oriented
3. Able to follow detailed instructions
4. Willing to ask questions about duties or assignments that are not understood well
5. Able to do minor lifting (less than 25lbs.)
Starting Date: 9/3/13 or ASAP after that date
The Metadata/Processing Department is open during regular Rowan University business hours
Please provide your resume and a short cover letter to Sharon An via the link below. The cover letter also needs to the general hours that you are potentially available to work on a regular basis.