The Thomas N. Bantivoglio Honors Concentration
Gourds will fly: Rowan University American Society of Mechanical Engineers to host fifth annual Pumpkin Chunkin’ | More
Hail to the Profs! Homecoming 2014 in pictures | More
Second biennial ScholarFest to celebrate Rowan research | More
Rowan hosts talk on “Controlling Ebola Virus Outbreaks: A New Strategy to Block Virus Transmission and Spread” | More
Prof pride: Alumni flock to campus for Homecoming | More
The Thomas N. Bantivoglio Honors Concentration at Rowan University
For students who are looking for an enhanced learning experience, the Thomas N. Bantivoglio Honors Concentration at Rowan provides the extras to leverage already excellent educational programs into a superior foundation for graduate school or employment. The Honors Concentration emphasizes challenging coursework for high achieving and intellectually curious students taught by Rowan's top faculty from different disciplines in every College in the University. Open to talented students in every major and college, this eight (8) course program features active learning opportunities, including:
1. Unique and interdisciplinary class offerings
2. Enhanced and advanced discipline-specific class offerings
3. Small interactive classes
4. Educational extra-curricular activities, including joint student-faculty research, field trips and invited speakers
5. Attendance at conferences
6. Funding for study abroad
Through these enhanced educational experiences, students become accomplished independent thinkers, researchers and leaders prepared for successful graduate study or professional careers and contributing members of their communities.
The Bantivoglio Honors Concentration is a member of the National Collegiate Honors Council.
Requirements for Admission
- Students will be able to complete Honors requirements during a regular four-year course of study.
- Incoming freshmen – Based on
a minimum SAT score of 1770 and/or a minimum ACT score of 26.
academic records, significant high school achievements (i.e. grades, class rank and letters of reference), extra-curricular activities and service projects.
- Current Rowan students – Based on performance as a Rowan student; must have earned a 3.45 GPA or better; have participated in extracurricular activities at Rowan; and have a letter of reference from a Rowan faculty member.
- Transfer students – Based on performance as a college student; must have earned a 3.45 GPA or better from their transferring institution; have participated in extracurricular activities at their transferring institution; and have a letter of reference from a faculty member from their transferring institution.
- Students transferring from other Honors programs - Requirements are transcript and letter of recommendation.
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Dr. Lee Talley, Director
Dr. Carol Thompson, Coordinator
Debbie Talnagi, Program Asst.
Office Hours: By appointment only
About Thomas N. Bantivoglio
Thomas N. Bantivoglio is a long-time partner in the law firm of Archer & Greiner, P.C., serving as counsel for Delaware Valley businesses and corporations for more than 50 years. In addition, as a trustee of the William G. Rohrer Charitable Foundation, Dr. Bantivoglio has helped to improve the economic and educational prosperity of southern New Jersey by providing support to Rowan University and other nonprofit organizations. In September 2004, Dr. Bantivoglio made a gift to Rowan that directly supports the University’s Honors Program. Because of his generosity, the region’s most talented students will have access to challenging and mind-broadening educational experiences.