International Student Services
Housing and Accommodations
Mandatory University Housing Policy
In compliance with the Rowan University Board of Trustees resolution, it is the policy of this institution that all undergraduate (freshman and transfer) students, who meet the following conditions, are required to reside in University residence facilities until the completion of their second academic year (58 credits).
• Full-time course load
• Under age 21
• Not residing in the residence of a parent or a legal guardian
NOTE: A legal guardian is an adult who is legally eligible to claim the student as a dependant for tax purposes.
Students who violate the on-campus residence requirement will be required to move into a residence hall and pay full room rent for the semester in which the violation occurs. Students who refuse to move will be suspended from Rowan University.
There is no temporary housing available on campus. No student will be allowed to begin classes without confirmed accommodations. Prior to your arrival at Rowan University, you must either:
- submit a notarized Statement of Student Residence form showing proof of off-campus accommodations with a legal guardian in the Glassboro area within 40 miles of Rowan
- reserve on-campus housing.
Incoming international students, as well as those transferring from U.S. institutions, must reserve on-campus housing if they are coming from any out-of-state (outside of New Jersey) school, or are not staying locally with a legal guardian within 40 miles of Rowan University. All arrangements concerning housing and assignment of the University residence halls are made through the Office of Housing and Accommodations.
Each residence hall and apartment complex is directed by a Residence Hall Director (RD). The Director supervises a staff of Resident Assistants (RA). The residence staff work to promote the well-being of the campus community. All RD’s and RA’s are trained to work with student concerns and campus resources, policies, procedures, and regulations.
Visit the Office of Housing and Accommodations website for information regarding student housing.
All students living on campus must submit a signed Housing Contract.
- The contract is a binding agreement between the student and the Office of Residential Learning & University Housing for one full academic year.
- You must return your housing contract to Rowan's Office of Residential Learning & Housing, complete with the $200 housing deposit.
- If you do not submit the contract, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE HOUSING.
- You may only be released from your contract if your formal request to cancel is reviewed and granted by the Director of Housing. Approved cancellations will be subject to a $500 cancellation fee and the loss of the $200 security deposit.
Please review the University Housing Handbook on pages 65-74 of the 2011-2012 Rowan University Student Handbook.
Rowan University provides resources for students looking for off-campus housing. International graduate students seeking accommodations should contact the Office of Housing and Accommodations directly for assistance securing housing.