Skip Navigation

International Student Services

J-1 Exchange Visitors

Rowan University hosts a number of exchange visitors each year. Rowan is authorized to sponsor professor, research scholar, short-term scholar, specialist, and student exchange visitor types. To obtain a DS-2019, all J-1 visitors must complete the DS-2019 Application for Exchange Visitors. Please also read the information provided by the U.S. Department of State about J Exchange Visitor Visas.

Rowan faculty wishing to sponsor a visitor should do the following:

  1. Communicate with the the International Center regarding the details of the proposed visit.
  2. Submit a brief outline of proposed activities with an indication that the department chair is aware of the visitor and the activity. (Note: A funding source is required within the visitor's DS-2019 application.)
  3. Issue a letter of invitation to the exchange visitor and provide the International Center with a copy. SAMPLE.
  4. Complete the Department Request Form for J-1 Exchange Visitors.

Note: The International Center cannot provide assistance with housing for exchange scholars. Sponsoring faculty will be responsible for finding accommodations for the visitors they invite.

Documents for J-1 Exchange Visitors
DS-2019 Application for Exchange Visitors (All J-1 Visitors)
Rowan J-1 Exchange Student Application (J-1 Students)
Department Request Form

Please submit all materials to the International Center:

Rowan University
International Center – Robinson 117
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028


Fax: 856-256-5676

Insurance Requirements