University Registrar

Regular Office Hours:

Mon: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Tue: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Wed: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Thu: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Sat: Closed
Sun: Closed

Extended Drop/Add Office Hours (Please see drop/add schedule to determine when these hours are in effect):

Mon: 7:30am - 5:30pm*
Tue: 7:30am - 5:30pm*
Wed: 7:30am - 6:00pm
Thu: 7:30am - 5:30pm*
Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Sat: Closed
Sun: Closed

*We are also open until 6pm the first 5 business days of fall and spring terms

bullet When a lot is too much: Childhood stress and extracurricular activities | More

bullet Thousands throng to catch eclipse at Rowan | More

bullet Edelman Fossil Park hosts program for visually impaired students | More

bullet Ready to ASCEND | More

bullet Four Rowan Family Medicine offices earn highest honors for quality | More

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Courses

Additional questions can be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar by emailing or calling 856.256.4350.

What are the different student classification and credit counts?

Student Classification Earned Hours:

Freshman 0 - 23.99 credits~~~ Sophomore 24 - 57.99 credits

Junior ....58 - 89.99 credits~~~ Senior.........90 and above


Do I have to attend classes?

Students are expected to be present at each scheduled class for which they are officially registered. Rowan's "community of learners" can be realized only when teachers and learners interact in the ways deemed appropriate for any particular class. Because Rowan recognizes diversity in both teaching and learning styles--and even course design and delivery--rules may vary with the learning experience, e.g., online or distance learning courses.

Faculty establish the parameters of a particular learning experience, and are therefore expected to maintain the efficiency of the community and to keep accurate attendance records. Faculty are also expected to counsel students who develop a pattern of excessive and unexplained absences, and to request assistance from the Dean of Students if the pattern of absences continues.

Students who are absent for reasons of illness, death in the family, inclement weather, religious observances, official University activities, or for matters of personal conscience should inform each of their instructors, ideally with a written excuse, before the fact or as soon as possible thereafter. Except in cases when classroom experiences cannot be repeated, faculty may provide these students the opportunity to make up written work, tests or other assignments at the earliest possible convenient time. In any event, faculty are under no obligation to make special provisions for students absent for reasons other than those listed above.

Faculty may establish additional attendance criteria which are consistent with the above paragraphs. In learning communities where attendance is critical to the functioning of the group, the rationale and justification for additional attendance requirements must be part of the syllabus provided for students prior to the end of the drop/add period.

Nonattendance does not constitute a drop or withdrawal. The student is financially and academically responsible for the timely completion of correct schedule adjustment procedures.

>>Back to Top

How can I Audit a course?

Students who wish to attend classes in a particular course and not receive credit, may do so by registering for the course as an auditor. Auditors may register during Final Registration or during the drop/add period. Auditors may choose whether or not to do the normally required course work; likewise, instructors may choose whether or not to formally evaluate auditors' work. Auditors receive neither grade nor credit for any course. Courses designated "AU" (audit) on students' transcripts do not count in defining full-time/part-time status, financial aid or veterans benefits, or degree requirements. Students are not permitted to audit private lessons for credit in the Department of Music, Internships, Student Teaching, Independent Study, or other experiential courses. Tuition for courses taken under the audit designation is established by the University's Board of Trustees.

>>Back to Top

Can I get into a closed course?

Registration for a closed section can be accomplished only if the signed "Professor's Permission To Override A Closed Course" form is returned to the Registration Area during a registration. Wait lists are not maintained by either the Registrar's Office or The Graduate School/Global Learning & Partnerships. The Override Form is not accepted by the Registrar if any alterations have been made and/or the Drop/Add period has ended.

Download the "Professor's Permission to Override a Closed Course" in PDF format

>>Back to Top

Can I repeat a course?

In the event that a student must or voluntarily chooses to repeat a course, the grade received for the repeated course will constitute the final grade for that subject for cumulative G.P.A. purposes--whether the grade is higher or lower than the grade received in the original course. The original grade, although not counted in the cumulative G.P.A., remains on the student's transcript. Herein, the University stipulates that the same course may not be taken more than twice including withdrawals. However, except for general education courses, further restrictions may be determined by the individual departments/colleges, only to meet standards recommended by accrediting bodies, statutory regulations, and/or professional societies. Appeals may be made through the normal appeals process.

Download the "Repeated Course Form" in PDF format


>>Back to Top

How do I withdraw from a course(s)?*

*If you are a matriculated undergraduate student and you are withdrawing from your last class for the current semester, you must follow the procedure for withdraw from the University as stated below.

  1. During Drop/Add
    Courses can be dropped by TTR or Web for Students. Any course dropped during the Drop/Add period will not be recorded on the permanent record.
  2. Between Drop/Add and Mid-Term
    A Withdraw Request Form must be secured from the Office of the Registrar. The reason for the request may be stated on the form and must be signed by the stu­dent and the professor. Upon receipt of the form, the Office of the Registrar will enter a (W) on the student transcript.
  3. After Mid-Term
    The same process as #2 will prevail except that the reason must be stated and approval obtained from the professor and the respective department chairperson. If the professor approves the withdraw, he/she will indicate that the student is either withdrawing with a passing academic standing (WP) or withdrawing with academic failure (WF) and also provide the last date of attendance.
  4. During the Last Four Weeks of the Semester
    Withdraw must be considered exceptional and may occur only with the approval of the Professor, Depart­ment Chairperson and College Dean and only for good and sufficient reasons beyond the control of the student. (WP/WF remains in effect, as does the last date of attendance.) Forms are available from the Dean of the College in which the course is being offered.

Withdraw From the University

If for some reason a student decides to withdraw from the University, the following steps must be taken:

  1. Obtain an official Withdraw Form from the Office of the Vice President for Student Life on the first floor of Savitz Hall. It is the responsibility of the student to take this form to each office designated to complete the withdraw procedure.
  2. If, for reasons of illness, the student cannot return to the campus, the student should write a letter of withdraw in which the student gives his/her full name, home address, social security number, effective date of the withdraw, and reason(s) for such action.

This letter must be addressed to the:

Ms. Carol Avery, Assistant to the VP of Student Life.
Savitz Hall
Rowan University
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, NJ 08028-1701

>>Back to Top

What if I don't have the necessary prerequisite for a course?

It is the student's responsibility to meet required prerequisites for each registered course. Students not meeting specific prerequisites will not be permitted to enroll in the course. In order to enroll in a course when the prerequisite has not been met, the student must seek approval from his/her academic advisor and department chairperson. Students from other institutions should provide documentation of meeting prerequisites to the College offering the course. The required authorization form should be filled out by the College and presented, by the student, at the time of registration.

The College of Business requires a separate prerequisite wavier form.

Download the "Prerequisite Waiver Form" in PDF format

Download the "College of Business Prerequisite Waiver Form" in PDF format


It is the student's responsibility to meet required prerequisites for each registered course. Students not meeting specific prerequisites will be administratively dropped from the course.

>>Back to Top

How many credits can I take in a semester?

Maximum Semester Credit Hours Enrollment

Matriculated undergraduate students - 18 S.H.

Non-matriculated undergraduate students - 11.5 S.H.

Requests to exceed maximum semester hours of enrollment are subject to the approval of the appropriate College Dean. If the request is granted, it must be submitted in writing to the Office of the Registrar and the extra course(s) must be added prior to the end of the Drop/Add period.

>>Back to Top

What is my PIN Number (Personal Identification Number)

If you have never choosen a PIN number, and are an enrolled or accepted Rowan Student, enter your Birthdate in MMDDYY format (May 3, 1978 would be 050378). Upon entering the system you MUST change your PIN by selecting the link "Change PIN"

Students not accepted to Rowan University and/or not currently enrolled, please call (856) 256-4360, Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm to give us your information and select a PIN. You will then be able to complete your informational search via the Student Web.

If you have forgotten your PIN, you must call or go to the Registrar's Office in Savitz Hall and show your student ID card. Your PIN will be reset immediately following the above procedure. The Registrar's office is open Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. The phone number is (856) 256-4350.

When I send an updated transcript how do I see the updated equivalent(s)

Additional transcripts received after the initial transcript evaluation are processed and completed on a first-in basis. Updates to your student record after the initial transcript evaluation should be reviewed on Self Service Banner.

>>Back to Top