RowanSOM Alumni Association
Support of Programs
The Alumni Association sponsors numerous recreational and educational programs for the medical student as well as continuing medical education programs for its alumni. The Alumni Association proudly supports the following annual programs:
- Student Research Poster Awards at RowanSOM's Research Day
- Supports Student Enrichment programs year-round through Alumni Association "Seed" Grants.
- Host the annual RowanSOM Golf Classic in cooperation with the RowanSOM Golf Club
- Annual Senior Party for Graduating Students
- Co-sponsors a Financial Planning Luncheon and Workshop for Graduating Students at the Financial Aid Exit Interviews
- Co-sponsors the SOM Fun Night Volleyball/Barbecue for the incoming class during Orientation Week
- Reunion Reception and Dinner Celebrating the 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 year Reunion Classes
- Hosts regional Alumni Receptions with the Dean.
- Hosts Alumni receptions at the OMED, AROC, ACOFP and ACOI conventions
- Alumni Association Board Meetings
- Alumni Phone-a-thons held twice a year
- Participate in the "RU Reading?" program to purchase new books for first year students
- Sponsor monetary award for the "Student D.O. of the Year" award recipient.
- Annual Alumni/Student Fall Festival in collaboration with RowanSOM Student Clubs