RowanSOM Alumni Association
Support of Student Life
The Alumni Association supports the SOM students in the following ways:
Alumni Association Excellence in Medicine Scholarships: These annual awards are funded by donations from the Area VII Physician's Review Organization, the RowanSOM Golf Classic, and alumni gifts. Sixteen (16) annual awards of $1,250 each. Students who have participated in the alumni phone-a-thon will be considered. Selection criteria include:
Student must have a demonstrated financial need for tuition assistance.
Student must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress.
Student must participate in school activities and/or student organizations/leadership, and/or community outreach.
- Alumni Association Book Awards: $250 Book Awards to the top two students from the first and second year classes.
- "Seed Grants" for Student Enrichment, Programs & Community Service : The Alumni Association annually provides six (6) $250 seed grants to clubs and professional organizations who meet program criteria.
- Alumni Association Leadership Award: Presented annually to a graduate at the Convocation Dinner.
- Annual Class Gift: Started in 1996, the "Class Gift" is a donation made by the RowanSOM graduating class to the school. Gifts have included educational items (textbooks, medical software, skeletal models, and videos), and/or donations for campus enhancements and student scholarships.
- Student Activity/ Project Fund: This fund helps underwrite student programs, and educational and recreational equipment.
- Visting Professor Lectures