The student run Camden Saturday Health Clinic of UMDNJ-SOM strives to bridge the healthcare gap by providing compassionate, comprehensive care and health education for the underserved community of Camden, NJ through interdisciplinary collaboration while providing medical education for the students of UMDNJ.
The CSHC seeks to meet its vision through providing free comprehensive health care and education to the community of Camden, NJ. Concordantly the clinic aspires to strengthen health awareness in the community while respecting cultural differences and barriers. We accomplish this by managing a Saturday health clinic and working in collaboration with UMDNJ and community agencies.
The CSHC provides for its patients:
- Free urgent and preventative health care
- health education materials
- Referrals when necessary
- Patient advocacy
The CSHC provides for UMDNJ-SOM students with:
- Real world experience in a medical clinic
- The opportunity for understanding diversity in medicine
- The chance to build clinical skills