The Admissions Committee requires that every applicant submit:
1. A primary application through the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS). Applications are available May 1 and may be completed and submitted between June 1 of that year and February 1 of the year of desired admission.
2. Results from the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT score)
3. A premedical committee letter or two science faculty letters
4. A Supplemental Application and fee
Please note that a file is considered "complete" once the minimum application requirements have been received. It is incumbent upon the applicant to ensure that any additional materials submitted are received by the admissions office.
All accepted students must have earned a baccalaureate degree, upon matriculation at SOM.
Rowan University is committed to complying with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Pre-Requisite course requirements include:
- eight hours of biology,
- eight hours of organic chemistry,
- eight hours of inorganic chemistry, and
- eight hours of physics (all with laboratories).
(RowanSOM strongly recommends that applicants take six additional semester hours of science courses. Biochemistry, genetics, physiology and anatomy are strongly suggested.)
Additionally applicants are required to have:
- three hours of English composition and three additional hours from the English department
- six hours of college level mathematics (computer science or statistics may be used to satisfy up to three hours)
- six hours of behavioral science (psychology, sociology or cultural anthropology)
All prerequisite coursework must be completed at a regionally accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education.
Interviews and decisions:
Those applicants whose credentials are judged to be most competitive will be invited for an interview; interviews are not granted at an applicant’s request. Applicants who are not considered for the first round of interviews will be held for further review. Interviews generally begin around the end of August and conclude at the end of April. When the interview process concludes, those applicants who were not invited for an interview will be informed of a final admissions decision.