The Admissions Committee at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, RowanSOM will consider transfer requests from applicants attending an osteopathic medical school accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation, (COCA). Applicants may request a transfer into the second (2nd) and third (3rd) year class. Two years of study must be completed at RowanSOM. Transfer requests are considered depending on places available in the class.
Applicants requesting a transfer must submit the following documents to the Office of Admissions:
1. A letter officially requesting the transfer along with the reason for the transfer request.
2. Transcripts from each institution in which the applicant matriculated, including, undergraduate, graduate school, and medical school transcripts. Applicants must submit grades from all programs attended, along with course description of all course they've completed at their current medical school.
3. An official copy of their MCAT score
4. Applicants requesting a transfer into the third (3rd) year class must submit the results of their COMLEX Board Scores.
5. Copy of their Criminal Background Check Results
6. If an applicant previously applied to RowanSOM the admissions office will obtain their AACOMAS application from the application cycle in which they applied, along with their previous letters of recommendation, transcripts and MCAT scores.
Students interested in transferring to RowanSOM should contact the admissions office at (856) 566-7050 or by email message to email@example.com.