Key Essentials for Optimizing Patient Care
On Site Program Agenda and Details
The Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM) is dedicated to refining physicians’ knowledge to manage the changing needs of the healthcare system. This lecture series is devised to augment physician expertise via material on current clinical guideline recommendations, as well as up-to-date advances in medical treatments on specific topics.
In response to evaluations from previous activity participants, focused education blocks were developed to cover the following topics: Family Medicine, Integrated Medical/Dental, Geriatrics, Pain Management, Pediatrics, and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM). Lecturing faculty were chosen based on their clinical research, thorough experience, and clinical distinction in their respective fields.
This seminar will assemble a prominent group of physicians to discuss convenient, current recommendations and protocols and advances in treatments in each of the chosen focus areas.
Program Directors: Joshua S. Coren, DO, MBA, FACOFP and Danielle Cooley, DO.
CME CAT 1A @ Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Our Category 1A CME Programming enables the busy healthcare practitioner to obtain needed educational credits in a convenient, close-to-home, inexpensive forum. We feature nationally-recognized academicians addressing contemporary medical topics. Our attendees are learning through both traditional lecture and innovative interactive formats utilizing the latest technologies. Come ready to learn, have fun, and reconnect with many local health professionals and colleagues with whom you have worked in the past and know in the region.
Upon Completion of this series, participants should be able to:
- Implement inter-professional and collaborative care strategies for geriatric patients with dementia in the outpatient setting.
- Recognize the key aspects of the Annual Wellness Medicare Examination and comprehend other evolving healthcare insurance updates that affect both patients and providers.
- Develop prevention and treatment plans for adults and children that have been subjected to domestic violence or child abuse.
- Implement updated immunization and preventive guidelines including sports examinations and weight management plans for pediatric and adolescent patients.
- Implement current guidelines and recommendations for the management of both acute and chronic pain in the outpatient setting.
- Apply osteopathic manipulative treatment for commonly diagnosed somatic dysfunctions of the upper body.
- Identify the key competencies being implemented for inter-professional collaborative practice of oral health in the United States.