Key Essentials for Optimizing Patient Care
Program Agenda and Details
Earn up to 36 CATEGORY 1A Credits
Upon completion of this series, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the role of appropriate dental care in the care of both chronic medical conditions and its involvement in preventive care
- Evaluate new guidelines on the management of patients with CHF, hypertension, and dyslipidemia
- Formulate strategies to implement a primary care medical home as well as safe guard your medical license
- Identify osteopathic treatments as a hands on approach for the treatment of the foot and ankle, gastrointestinal tract disorders and for low back pain in pregnancy
- Evaluate the role of palliative care in the changing health care environment and goals for treatment once hospice care has commenced
- Discuss the role of gait evaluation and avoidance of prescribing cascades in the care of the geriatric patient
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Council for Continuing Medical Education. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Method of Participation:
NEW this year: Registrants can participate in this CME Series by attending all courses on-site, OR viewing all courses online, OR a combination of both!
Onsite: For successful completion of activity and subsequent awarding of credits, individuals are required to participate in the entire activity session and complete an activity evaluation as well as an attestation form.
Online: Osteopathic physicians may earn up to 30 percent of their Category 1A requirement from interactive internet CME (i.e., up to nine Category 1A CME credits for members with a requirement of thirty Category 1A credits.) To receive credit for interactive internet CME, osteopathic physicians must complete an activity evaluation, an attestation form, and a CME quiz with a passing grade of 70.
Four of the six blocks – Primary Care, Palliative Care, Geriatrics and OMM – will be held at:
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Academic Center, Auditorium
One Medical Center Drive, Stratford, NJ 08084
- RowanSOM is within walking distance of the PATCO High Speed Line and 25 minutes from Philadelphia International Airport.
- From Philadelphia International Airport: Take Rt. 95 North to the Walt Whitman Bridge to Rt. 676 and follow signs to Rt. 295 North. Take Rt. 295 North to Exit 29A and follow directions from Rt. 30 below.
- From the North: Take the NJ Turnpike to Exit 4 to Rt. 73 North to Rt. 295 South. Follow Rt. 295 South to Exit 29. Turn left onto access road to Rt. 30. At light turn left onto Rt. 30 East (White Horse Pike). Follow directions from Rt. 30 below.
- From the South: Follow Rt. 295 North to Exit 29A to Rt. 30. Follow directions from Rt. 30 below.
- From Rt. 30: Follow Rt. 30 East and the blue hospital signs for 3.3 miles to the traffic light at Laurel Road. Turn right onto Laurel Road. Take the second left into Rowan Stratford Campus at the traffic light. Parking is available on campus.
The Cardiology Block will take place at The Mansion, 3000 Main Street, Voorhees, NJ 08043
The Integrated Medical/Dental Conference will take place at the Hilton, 4200 City Line Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131