Continuing Medical Education
Mini Residency in Appropriate Prescribing
Registration & Fees
- The interested healthcare provider completes the following forms:
- The registrant sends the above completed forms with payment to the MRAP office and designates a date that he/she would like to receive the DVD set.
- The exam date and location requested is confirmed and the registrant receives the dated DVD set, manual and documents.
- The DVDs can be viewed for 14 days. This allows the registrant to view and review some or all of the lectures (which is not possible in a live classroom setting).
- At the end of the 14 days the registrant returns the encoded and encrypted DVD set to the Course Administrator at the University in the self-addressed padded envelope included with the DVD set.
- The registrant goes to the selected test site and takes the exam on the date specified.
- At that site the registrant is identified by photograph identification and given the sealed written examination (previously sent to the testing site by MRAP).
- At the end of the 2½-hour MRAP exam (1 hour for Medical Recordkeeping [MRK]) the examinee will seal the exam and the answer sheet in our pre-addressed and stamped envelope and the testing site proctor will mail it to the MRAP Administrator.
- The registrant completes the course evaluation forms located at the front of the course manual and sends them to MRAP.
Upon receipt of the examination, the Course Director, or designee, will grade the exam electronically. Upon receipt of the course evaluation forms, the exam results are reported to the examinee, and up to two other individuals, institutions or agencies. There is a $25 charge for each report over two.
The passing grade for the full 25-hour MRAP course is 70 in a 100 multiple choice question examination. The passing grade for the MRK is 21 in a 30 multiple choice question examination.
The fee for the course in its 25-hour format is $ 1,200.00
- viewing of the DVDs for a 14-day period;
- the manual of lecture content (which includes the MRK course) and teaching tools/documents for the enrollee to keep;
- the book "Responsible Opioid Prescribing - A Physician's Guide" by Scott M. Fishman, M.D. for the enrollee to keep;
- testing services;
- processing of the examination; and
- written reports to the requested appropriate authorities.
A separate DVD set for registrants who desire or are mandated to have an educational tutorial solely for Medical Record Keeping (MRK) not necessarily related to controlled substances prescribing is available separately for $400 including testing.