RowanSOM OPTI of NJ residencies fulfill the requirements of all specialty boards for certification. The hospital and residency you choose will be part of the collaborative spirit of RowanSOM OPTI of NJ. Throughout the OPTI, faculty and administrators (including residency directors, DMEs, department heads, deans and CEOs) work together to maintain the integrity of a quality educational experience.
Residency programs through Kennedy University Hospitals / Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center include: Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine / Emergency Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, OMM/NMM*, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngology & Facial Plastic Surgery, Psychiatry and Urology.
Residency programs through Inspira Health Network include: Family Medicine, General Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Orthopedic Surgery.
Family Medicine Residency Programs are offered through Christ Hospital and Atlantic Health.
Pediatric Residency Programs are available at Cooper University Hospital and K.Hovnanian Children's Hospital/Jersey Shore University Medical Center.
*Plus One Residency in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine / Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine. The program is designed for residents who have finished their chosen residency programs and want to do an additional training year specifically in Osteopathic Medicine.
To obtain application materials for the residency programs at Kennedy University Hospitals / Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center (KUH / OLL), Christ Hospital select "applications" on the left menu, or, contact the RowanSOM Office of Graduate Medical Education at (856) 566-7121.
- For an application for the pediatrics program at Cooper University Hospital, contact the Pediatrics Medical Education Office at (856) 342-2922.
- For an application for the pediatrics program at K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital Jersey Shore University Medical Center please call (732) 776-4484
Residents are required to:
- Have completed D.O. degree requirements from an AOA accredited School of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Have completed an approved AOA Internship Program (OGME-I).
- Meet RowanSOM OPTI of NJ application requirements as set forth in the application materials.
- Have obtained a passing score on the National Boards / COMLEX-USA - Part I and both Part II CE and PE (OGME-II) and Part III (OGME-III and above).
- Be and remain a member of the AOA during training.
- Comply with the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners requirements.
- Comply with University requirements as set forth in contract materials.
- OGME-VI - Must possess a valid New Jersey license.
- Individual departments may have further requirements.
Complete Certificates of Postgraduate Training (Blank copies can be obtained through the GME Office at RowanSOM and must be completed by all prior training programs.)
Note: Information is subject to change.