Responsibilities of NMM Plus One Residency Participants
Plus One Residents are required to attend the annual Convocation of the American Academy of Osteopathy and take the resident inservice examination. They are also required to complete a basic course in Cranial OMM offered by either the Cranial Academy or the Sutherland Cranial Teaching Foundation (SCTF), during the residency program. This requirement will be waived with permission of the Program Director if this course has been completed prior to the beginning of the residency program.
Specific yearly responsibilities are as follows:
- Three 1/2 days spent in continuity care at a neuromuscular medicine (NMM) clinic.
- Presentation of at least 2 lectures per year on NMM.
- Monthly participation in NMM lectures as assistants and table trainers.
- Weekly didactic sessions on NMM with the NMM program participants.
- Required 3 months rotation in NMM.
- Completion of all required and elective rotations
- Satisfactory completion of NMM paper on subject mutually agreed upon by resident and NMM program director.
- Completion of eligibility requirements for AOBNMM boards