Kathryn Lambert, DO
The Office of Student Affairs is dedicated to providing support, advocacy and guidance for the medical students at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine. We work to promote and encourage in each of our students the essential values of collegiality, compassion, diversity, excellence, innovation and integrity.
We help students navigate and understand the academic rules and regulations and compliance requirements, enabling them to have a successful experience at RowanSOM. It is each student’s responsibility to become familiar with and abide by the RowanSOM Student Code of Conduct and all Rowan University policies and practices, regulations, degree requirements and other rules. You can find important information regarding student policies and information in the Student Handbook.
The RowanSOM Office of Student Affairs and Alumni Engagement promotes student involvement in professional organizations, community service projects, and extracurricular educational activities. We also provides administrative support and leadership in the following specific areas:
- We plan and support all RowanSOM sponsored student programs including the White Coat Ceremony, Orientation Week and RowanSOM Commencement, to name a few.
- We produce the alumni section of the student events calendar that lists all school/ community/ alumni events and programs.
- We provide logistical and promotional support for student events and meetings for more than 40 student clubs and the Student Council.
- Provide oversight for the financial activities of the student clubs and the student council, including processing student-related expenses. See the policy and request form below:
- Reviews requests for student travel. Expedites documents for student reimbursement for travel. See the policy, approval and expense forms and travel waiver below:
- Student Travel Policy
- Travel Request - To complete this on-line form, click here and then click on "Travel Request" listed under the Travel section.
- Travel Expense - To complete this on-line form, click here and then click on "Travel Expense" listed under the Travel section.
- Travel Waiver- Domestic Travel
- Travel Waiver- International Travel
- Schedule meeting room/table reservations for students.
In 2008, the new Student-Mentor Program was launched at the Atlantic Regional Osteopathic Convention. The new and improved program, entitled RowanSOM D.O.C.S. – “D.O.s Counseling Students” - pairs students interested in finding a mentor with physicians who are willing to mentor and who share their professional interests. The “matching” is a key component of the new program- no longer will the matches be random, but rather based on student-selected preferences, including medical specialty, location, experience and others. The goal of the RowanSOM D.O.C.S. program is to provide our students with a resource for guidance and career counseling.
To sign-up for the RowanSOM D.O.C.S. Program, simply print the application using one of the links below. Fax your completed application to the RowanSOM Office of Student Affairs and Alumni Engagement at 856-566-6714.
Publish all student-related publications including:
- Annual Yearbook, Articulations
- Student Handbook
- Dean's E-News Messages
- Program brochures and invitations
- We provide administrative support for the student health program and communicate information about student health requirements and the school's health insurance program.
- We provide counseling services for RowanSOM students and members of their household through the Student Wellness Program (SWP) offered by Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care.
- We provide information about potential exposure to blood borne pathogens, including management of occupational/ educational exposures to HIV, HBV and HCV.
Other Student-Related Oversight:
- We handle all requests related to changes in student enrollment, including leaves and withdrawals.
- We provide administrative leadership for the Student Affairs Committee.
- We manage the School Spirit Store, located in the atrium of the Academic Center.
Enhancing student life and professional development is our goal and we strive to do that each and every day. We hope that you find this information helpful and I encourage you to contact us if you need more information or have any questions.
Kathryn Lambert, DO
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Student Affairs Events
- Osteopathic Match Day Program
Feb. 08 - 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
AC-S Multi-Purpose Room, Stratford Campus
A celebration of Osteopathic medical students who have received notification of where they will serve their Graduate Medical Training.