Kathryn Lambert, DO
The Office of Student Affairs is dedicated to providing support, advocacy and guidance for the medical students at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine. We work to promote and encourage in each of our students the essential values of collegiality, compassion, diversity, excellence, innovation and integrity.
We help students navigate and understand the academic rules and regulations and compliance requirements, enabling them to have a successful experience at RowanSOM. It is each student’s responsibility to become familiar with and abide by the RowanSOM Student Code of Conduct and all Rowan University policies and practices, regulations, degree requirements and other rules. You can find important information regarding student policies and information in the Student Handbook.
The RowanSOM Office of Student Affairs and Alumni Engagement promotes student involvement in professional organizations, community service projects, and extracurricular educational activities. We also provide administrative support and leadership in the following specific areas:
- We plan and support all RowanSOM sponsored student programs including the White Coat Ceremony, Orientation Week and RowanSOM Commencement, to name a few.
- We produce the alumni and student events calendar that lists all school/ community/ alumni events and programs.
- We provide logistical and promotional support for student events and meetings for more than 40 student clubs and the Student Council.
- Provide oversight for the financial activities of the student clubs and the student council, including processing student-related expenses. See the policy and request form below:
- Reviews requests for student travel. Expedites documents for student reimbursement for travel. See the policy, approval and expense forms and travel waiver below:
- Schedule meeting room/table reservations for students.
In 2008, the new Student-Mentor Program was launched at the Atlantic Regional Osteopathic Convention. The new and improved program, entitled RowanSOM D.O.C.S. – “D.O.s Counseling Students” - pairs students interested in finding a mentor with physicians who are willing to mentor and who share their professional interests. The “matching” is a key component of the new program- no longer will the matches be random, but rather based on student-selected preferences, including medical specialty, location, experience and others. The goal of the RowanSOM D.O.C.S. program is to provide our students with a resource for guidance and career counseling.
To sign-up for the RowanSOM D.O.C.S. Program, simply complete the on-line application using one of the links below. For more information, contact the RowanSOM Office of Student Affairs and Alumni Engagement at 856-566-6740..
Publish all student-related publications including:
- Annual Yearbook, Articulations
- Student Handbook
- Dean's E-News Messages
- Program brochures and invitations
- We provide administrative support for the student health program and communicate information about student health requirements and the school's health insurance program.
- We provide counseling services for RowanSOM students and members of their household through the Student Wellness Program (SWP) offered by Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care.
- We provide information about potential exposure to blood borne pathogens, including management of occupational/ educational exposures to HIV, HBV and HCV.
Other Student-Related Oversight:
- We handle all requests related to changes in student enrollment, including leaves and withdrawals.
- We provide administrative support for the Student Progress Committee.
- We manage the School Spirit Store, located in the atrium of the Academic Center.
Enhancing student life and professional development is our goal and we strive to do that each and every day. We hope that you find this information helpful and I encourage you to contact us if you need more information or have any questions.
Kathryn Lambert, DO
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Student Affairs Events
- 19th Annual RowanSOM Golf Classic
Oct. 01 - 12:30 PM
Riverwind''s Golf Course, West Deptford, NJ
Join alumni, students and friends of RowanSOM at the Riverwinds Golf Course for a day of fun with a Shotgun start, gifts, prizes. Lunch and dinner with an awards program. Proceeds support student scholarships at RowanSOM.
- ACOI Annual Convention
Oct. 27 - 12:00 AM
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, Phoenix, AZ
A medical education conference for Alumni and students. Held October 27-31, 2016 at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort and Spa, Palm Desert, CA
- Osteopathic Match Day Luncheon for Class of 2017
Feb. 06 - 12:00 PM
AC-S Mult-purpose room, Stratford Campus
Celebrating the medical student residency program matches.
- ACOFP Conference
Mar. 16 - 12:00 AM
Gaylord Palms Resort & Conference Center, Kissimmee, FL
A medical education conference for family medicine alumni and students. Held
March 16 - 19, 2017 at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Conference Center, Kissimmee, Florida
- SOM Match Day Celebration for Class of 2017
Mar. 17 - 11:30 AM
Mansion on Main Street, Voorhees, NJ
The revealing and celebration for medical students when their residency program matches are revealed.
- Fall RowanSOM Alumni Association Board Retreat
Nov. 05 - 8:00 AM - 1:00 AM
AC-S Top Docs, Stratford Campus
Alumni Association meetings