Master of Science in Biomedical Science
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Master of Science (thesis) program is a 30 credit program that is typically completed in 3-4 semesters (maximum of 4 years).
Core courses for Master of Science (thesis) students:
1. Fundamentals in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology I (3 credits)
2. Fundamentals in Cell Biology II (3 credits)
3. Fundamentals in Systems Biology III (3 credits)
4. Seminar in Biomedical Science (3 credits)
Required courses for Master of Science (thesis) students:
5. Lab Rotation A - Masters (2 credits)
6. Ethics in Science, Research, Scholarship (2 credits)
7. Thesis Research - Masters (5 credits) *
*Please note that a student registers for Thesis Research for one semester but the actual thesis research takes 2-3 semesters to complete, depending on the reseach project.
The remaining 9 credits are elective credits. Students must maintain an overall grade point average of 3.00 or better to remain in good academic standing and to graduate. A maximum of two medical school courses can be included in the 30 credit program. Graduate course credits may be transferred with approval of the Program Director.