Master of Science in Biomedical Science
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Master of Science (thesis) program is a 30 credit program that is typically completed in 3-4 semesters (maximum of 4 years).
Core courses for Master of Science (thesis) students:
1. Fundamentals in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology I (3 credits)
2. Fundamentals in Cell Biology II (3 credits)
3. Fundamentals in Systems Biology III (3 credits)
Required courses for Master of Science (thesis) students:
5. Lab Rotation A - Masters (2 credits)
6. Bioethics in Science and Medicine (2 credits)
7. Thesis Research - Masters (5 credits) *
*Please note that a student registers for Thesis Research for one semester but the actual thesis research takes 2-3 semesters to complete, depending on the reseach project.
The remaining 12 credits are elective credits. Students must maintain an overall grade point average of 3.00 or better to remain in good academic standing and to graduate. A maximum of two medical school courses can be included in the 30 credit program.