Laptops are required for all incoming students and are issued to them during orientation. Students will be able to use their laptops with the Stratford campus wireless network to access course handouts, grades, financial information, library services and the Internet.
Please read our Student Laptop Support Policy for details about Information Resources and Technology services and support.
RowanSOM System (Basic minimum specifications)
- 8GB DDR3L-1600MHz SDRAM, 2-4GB DIMMS
- Internal English Backlit keyboard
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- 2.5” 500 GB Solid State Hybrid Drive
- Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit Operating System
- 6-cell Lithium Ion battery with Express Charge
- 8X DVD +/- RW
- Intel 6235 2x2 802.11n + Bluetooth 4.0 + WiDi
- Software for Integrated Camera
- Intel vPro Technology Advanced management Features
- 4th gen Intel Core i5-4300M Processor (2.5Ghz, 3m cache)
- Light sensitive Webcam and Noise Cancelling Digital Array Mic
- 14” HD (1600x900) Anti-Glare LED backlit with Premium Panel
- 65W AC Adapter, 3 pin
- 3 year basic warranty with 3 year limited onsite support
- 3 year accidental damage service
Student Financial Aid
The cost of purchasing a laptop is built into the first year cost of attendance budget. First year students seeking financial assistance to purchase a laptop should apply for financial aid at http://www.rowan.edu/som/financialaid/. The purchase of the computer would be funded out of refund proceeds generated for living expenses. The amount of individual refunds will vary based upon the amount of financial aid requested. For more information, please visit the student financial aid web site.
During new student orientation, IRT, Support Services will configure your laptop for wireless computing and install Symantec Endpoint Protection software.
Current students who require wireless laptop configuration should consult the Wireless Computing page for further instructions.
Help & Troubleshooting
First, please be sure to read the Student Laptop Support Policy for information about supported laptop services.
For assistance troubleshooting problems with wireless network connectivity, please visit the SOM Workshop located in the Academic Center, second floor, Suite 292 or contact the Technology Service Center at 856-256-4400.
For other hardware/software problems, please contact your laptop vendor (if equipment is still under warranty) or a laptop repair service.