End User Services
Laptops are required for all incoming students. Students will be able to use their laptops with the Stratford campus wireless network to access course handouts, grades, financial information, library services, Intranet (school portal) and the Internet.
Please read our Student Laptop Support Policy for details about Information Resources and Technology services and support.
Rowan SOM recommends that student laptops meet the following minimum requirements:
- CPU: Intel® Core i3-2310M (2.1GHz 3M cache)
- Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Professional, 32-Bit
- Memory: 4GB, DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM, 1 DIMM
- Hard Drive: 250GB Hard Drive, 7200 RPM
- Optical: 8X DVD +/-RW, with Roxio & Cyberlink PowerDVD
- Intel WIFI 1030 802.11 b/g/n
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- 14.1" HD LED (1366x768) with Anti-Glare
- Integrated Webcam and Digital Microphone
- 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- 3 Year Basic Limited Warranty and 3 Year NBD Onsite Service
- 3 Year CompleteCare Accidental Damage Protection
Student Financial Aid
The cost of purchasing a laptop is built into the first year cost of attendance budget. First year students seeking financial assistance to purchase a laptop should apply for financial aid at http://www.rowan.edu/som/financialaid/. The purchase of the computer would be funded out of refund proceeds generated for living expenses. The amount of individual refunds will vary based upon the amount of financial aid requested. For more information, please visit the student financial aid web site.
During new student orientation, IRT, End User Services will configure your laptop for wireless computing and install Symantec Endpoint Protection software.
Current students who require wireless laptop configuration should consult the Wireless Computing page for further instructions.
Help & Troubleshooting
First, please be sure to read the Student Laptop Support Policy for information about supported laptop services.
For assistance troubleshooting problems with wireless network connectivity, please visit the Walk-in Service located in the Academic Center, second floor, Suite 292 or contact the Technology Service Center at 856-256-4400.
For other hardware/software problems, please contact your laptop vendor (if equipment is still under warranty) or a laptop repair service.