Student Laptop Support Policy
For information about recommended laptop specifications please visit the Student Laptop web page.
Support Services provides the following support for student laptops:
- Walk in Service located in the Academic Center, second floor, Suite 292
- Wireless network connectivity - configuration and troubleshooting
- Student Rowan account authentication (login)
- Anti-virus software installation
- Configuring laptops to automatically receive security patches and virus updates
- Configuring laptops to print in the Academic Center Computer classrooms AC-273, AC-2nd floor lobby and the Library
The above services will be provided to all incoming students during new student Orientation in August. Current students who wish to use their laptops with the Stratford campus wireless network should consult the Wireless Computing web page for further instructions.
For assistance troubleshooting problems with wireless network connectivity, please contact the Technology Service Center at 856-256-4400 where further instructions will be provided.
For all other hardware/software problems outside the services listed above, please contact your laptop vendor (if equipment is still under warranty) or a laptop repair service.
SOM-IRT, Support Services Laptop Support Policy Summary
|Type of Service||Product||Support|
|School wireless||Wireless 802.11 /b/g/n||Yes|
|Virus software installation||Symantec Endpoint Protection||Yes|
|Data backup & transfers||No|
|Operating system upgrades||No|