The Science Center houses over twenty independent basic science laboratories conducting research in biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, genetics and physiology. These research programs are sponsored by the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, the American Cancer Society, and many other public and private entities. In addition, the Rowan University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (RowanGSBS) integrates research with teaching. Collaboration among students, technicians, fellows, and faculty create an exciting environment for innovation and discovery.
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) -The RowanGSBS offers several degree granting programs:
1. Ph.D. in Cell and Molecular Biology
2. Master of Science in the Biomedical Sciences (M.S.; thesis)
3. Master of Biomedical Sciences (M.B.S.; non-thesis)
4. Certificate in the Biomedical Sciences
5. Master of Science in Molecular Pathology and Immunology (M.S.; thesis)
6. M.B.S./M.P.H. dual degree program with the Rutgers School of Public Health
7. M.S./M.P.H. dual degree program with the Rutgers School of Public Health
8. D.O./Ph.D. dual degree program with the RowanSOM
9. D.O./M.S. dual degree program with the RowanSOM
In addition, the RowanGSBS has a Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) program, which provides a 10 week, faculty mentored laboratory experience for undergraduate students who are considering research careers in the biomedical sciences.