Research & Development Council of New Jersey welcomes Rowan University to its membership | More
College of Education achieves national accreditation | More
New Jersey Health Foundation and The Nicholson Foundation Award $50,000 Innovation Grant to Rowan University professor working to conquer peanut allergies | More
Retired from KPMG, Maginnis takes new role as voluntary Executive-in-Residence with RCB | More
Another big win: Rowan Radio picks up three Hermes Creative Awards | More
CONTACT INFO: If you have any other questions about Placement Testing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I am exempt?
Exemptions are based on your current academic record at Rowan University. It is not necessary to notify Testing Services that you are exempt from one or more tests. However, you are welcome to ask Testing Services to verify your exemptions by emailing email@example.com from your Rowan student email account. Please include your Banner ID# with your request.
What tests do I need to take?
All incoming freshmen and transfer students with fewer than 30 transfer credits are required to take:
Basic Skills Reading –ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension
- 500 or better for SAT Critical Reading
- 21 or better for ACT Reading
- Successful transfer of a college level English Literature course
Basic Skills Math – ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra
- 550 or better for SAT Math
- 24 or better for ACT Math
- Successful transfer of a college level Math course
Your test results will be used to place you in the courses appropriate to your level of preparation. In some cases, the appropriate courses may be non-credit Basic Skills courses that do not apply to graduation requirements.
Students with a major of Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math/Science, Mathematics, Physical Science, Physics, and all Rohrer College of Business majors are also required to take:
College Level Math – ACCUPLACER College Level Math
- 600 or better for SAT Math
- 27 or better for ACT Math
- Successful transfer of a college level Precalculus or Calculus course
Your test results will be used to place you in the course appropriate to your level of preparation for calculus. All placements are credit-bearing college level courses.
When and where do I take the placement tests?
Placement tests are taken at-home. You must register for placement testing by May 29 and complete your placement tests by June 5th. This deadline was extended from May 15th.
To register for your placement testing:
STEP 0: Confirm enrollment.
STEP 1: Test your system here: http://onlineproctornow.com/accuplacer/?cid=2. If your system passes, please continue to step 2. If your system does not pass, you cannot take your placement tests from home. Click Here to schedule an appointment to take your placement tests on-campus at Rowan University’s Testing Center.
STEP 2: Email your student ID#, first name, last name, and birth date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3: Check your Rowan student email for your ACCUPLACER test voucher. You can expect to receive your ACCUPLACER test voucher, scheduling instructions, and a course placement brochure within 5 business days.
STEP 4: Schedule your test with the online proctor. Appointments are available 24/7. To schedule, you will need a debit or credit card to pay the $25 proctor fee. No portion of the proctor fee is collected or received by Rowan University.
If you are not able to take your placement tests at home, a very limited number of appointments are available (between May 18 and June 5) on campus at Rowan University’s Testing Center. Click Here to schedule an appointment to take your placement tests on campus at Rowan University’s Testing Center.
How long are the placements tests?
The ACCUPLACER tests are untimed.
You can plan to test for at least 30-45 minutes per placement test. However, it is possible that the placement tests could take you less or more time than this estimate.
Should I prepare for the tests?
Yes! Preparation should not be focused on learning new material, but on reviewing the material you have already learned.
College Board ACCUPLACER has resources available that can help you with your preparation.
Can I use my calculator?
Yes, you are permitted to use a calculator, scratch paper, and pencil.
What if I have already taken the ACCUPLACER tests?
You can transfer your ACCUPLACER to Rowan University’s Testing Services.
- Contact the Testing Center where you took the ACCUPLACER tests
- Ask the Testing Center to email or fax your score report to:
- Testing Services will send an email to your Rowan student email to confirm your course placement
Can I retake my placement tests?
- Challenge Tests (re-takes) can be taken in person at Rowan University’s Testing Center or at home via an online proctor. The total cost to Challenge Test in person at the Testing Center is $25.00. The total cost to Challenge Test via the online proctor is $35.00.
- To schedule a Challenge Test (re-take) at Rowan University’s Testing Center, an appointment is required. Click Here and then choose the option to Re-Take a Placement Test at the Testing Center. There is a fee of $25.00 for each appointment at the Testing Center. The fee must be paid by debit or credit card in order to schedule the appointment.
- To schedule a Challenge Test (re-take) to be taken at-home via the online proctor follow these steps:
- STEP 1: Test your system Here. If your system passes, please continue to step 2. (If your system does not pass, you cannot re-take your placement tests from home. Follow the steps above to schedule an appointment at Rowan University’s Testing Center.)
- STEP 2: Click Here and then select the option to Request a Voucher to re-take a Placement Test online. There is a fee of $10 for the Challenge Test Voucher. Follow the prompts to complete the request of the voucher.
- STEP 3: Check your Rowan student email for your Challenge Test voucher. You can expect to receive your voucher and scheduling instructions within 5 business days.
- STEP 4: Schedule your test with the online proctor. Appointments are available 24/7. To schedule, you will need a debit or credit card to pay the $25 proctor fee. No portion of the proctor fee is collected or received by Rowan University.
- The highest score will be used for placement.