Career Management Center (CMC)
CAREER EXPLORERS CAMP
Career Explorers Camp
Preparing Young Professionals of Tomorrow
July 28-31, 2014
Career Explorers Camp is a four day program held at Rowan University. The camp allows the students to experience first hand the opportunities and rewards of various professions in art, business, communication, education, engineering and science.
Career Explorers Camp uses experiential learning to encourage middle and high school students to learn about careers, business, leadership, and teamwork and gain valuable life skills in a fun and exciting way.
Campers will also, learn how to appropriately prepare for these careers in terms of educational pathways to pursue in their middle and high school years. In addition, they will interact with and learn from professionalsin their field of interest by way of on-site guest speakers.
Career Explorers Camp Agenda Includes
- Qand A - Explore a wide range of career options with on campus visits to the Medical School, Radio and Television stations, Planetarium, Stock Trading Room, and more. Talk one-on-one to Professionals in the career field of your interest.
- Public Speaking Activity - Create a vision board of the career of your interest and talk about where do you see yourself in the next ten years.
- Career and Education Planning - Assist campers in identifying their interests, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Take the Focus-2 self-assessment survey and discuss the results in detail.
- Effective Writing - How to fill out an application and create a resume that gets you the job of your dreams.
- Etiquette Lunch - Learn how to discuss business over lunch. The professional Do's & Don'ts of a meeting during lunchtime.
CAMP HOURS: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- The camp is for students in grades 8 through 11.
4 Day $250 Each Additional Sibling $200 (includes T-shirt, drawstring backpack bag and business etiquette lunch on the last day of camp)
$25 (7:30am - 9:00am) Daily
$25 (4:00pm - 5:30pm) Daily
- $25 Non-refundable deposit due by June 6, 2014.
- Final payments must be made by June 20, 2014.
- Payments must be made by cash, check or money order.
- Returned check fee is $30.00
For more information contact the Career Management Center at (856)256-4456.
To register for Career Explorers Camp click here