Office of Career Advancement and Faculty: Partnering For Success
The goal of "Office of Career Advancement and Faculty: Partnering For Success" is to secure Office of Career Advancement staff into classrooms or to get classrooms to come to the Office of Career Advancement with the ultimate goal of connecting with students early enough in their academic careers to make a difference. Also, the Office of Career Advancement provides career development, experiential learning, and employer relations programs for all students and alumni. This program encourages students to document their acquired skills and achievements, service learning, internship, and job experiences, leadership and organization involvement in preparation for persistent career management.
The Office of Career Advancement staff welcomes the opportunity to partner with you to enhance the academic and professional growth and development of Rowan students. Feel free to contact the Office of Career Advancement (OCA) at ext. 4456 to discuss services and workshop availability.
Services available to faculty
- Major-specific information packets
- Required or extra credit major related assignments such as career assessments, etc.
- In-class presentations on the topic of your choice
Topics for workshops and/or in-class presentations
- Overview of Office of Career Advancement services
- Resume writing
- Cover letter writing
- Interviewing techniques
- Job search strategies
- Major-specific and general career exploration
- Professionalism in the workplace
Request A Workshop
The Office of Career Advancement (OCA) conducts workshops for academic classes and for student clubs and organizations on career related topics.
• THREE WEEKS lead time to guarantee a presenter
• Schedule at the beginning of class or meeting
• 45 to 60 minutes, including short questions and answers
• Complete Request Form online
• Discuss workshop content with your presenter in advance
• Start the workshop at the agreed-upon time
Benefits to students
Engages students in:
- Identifying career options
- Developing skills in the classroom for future employment and graduate study
- Conducting effective internship and/or job searches
- Understanding the importance of organization, planning and goal setting
All OCA workshops are offered Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 7:00pm.
To schedule a workshop, please click here
Career Descriptions is a web resource that provides information on careers, colleges and relocation. The site provides a breakdown of each career by industry and it highlights the industries that employ the most workers and pay the best for each job.
The Chronicle of Higher Education is the number one source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators.
Jobs in Academia Provides links to many university job listing sites.
Peterson's Education Center From the people who publish the Peterson's Guide, provides a chock full of info for educational concerns from Kindergarten through Graduate and Professional level.
National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) The National Association of Colleges and Employers connects campus recruiting and career services professionals, and provides best practices, trends, research, professional development, and conferences.
The National Career Development Association The National Career Development Association (NCDA) inspires and empowers the achievement of career and life goals by providing professional development, resources, standards, scientific research, and advocacy. NCDA is a founding division of the American Counseling Association (ACA).
The Office of Career Advancement (OCA) strives to keep up with all changes in the Rowan University colleges. We hope you will use this forum as a way to keep us current of any changes in your department as well. Below are links to advising web pages, please send us any information that you wish to include for your colleagues and we will gladly post them. Any improvements and suggestions for information we list for your major is also welcomed.