Office of Community Standards
Rowan Engineering clinic project takes flight | More
Creative Glassboro plans art-filled downtown | More
In recognition of support to student veterans, Rowan named to Military Friendly Schools list | More
Don’t let stress make a mess of your holidays | More
University formally opens Camden Academic Building | More
Chamberlain Student Center, Suite 210
The mission of the Office of Community Standards is to articulate to students the standards of behavior expected within the University community. Standards of student conduct ensure respect for all members of the community and maintenance of a collaborative and learning-centered environment as described in the University's mission statement. Rowan University has instituted a Student Code of Conduct to set forth the standards and expectations that are consistent with its purpose as an educational institution. The Student Code of Conduct has been developed to guarantee procedural fairness to students when there has been an alleged failure to abide by Rowan University's policies and regulations. While it is the goal of the student disciplinary process to educate students as to the purpose and importance of abiding by the Student Code of Conduct, the University will also issue sanctions as are appropriate and necessary to ensure continued and/or future adherence to this Code, and to protect the university community from disruptive behavior.
Student Learning Outcomes
- During their involvement in the discipline process, students will learn about the behavioral expectations that are published in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Students will be able to articulate ways to positively contribute to the Rowan community.
- Students will demonstrate insight into how their behavior affects all aspects of their life.
- Students will be able to articulate how their actions impacted the Rowan community.
- Students will be able to identify areas for improved decision-making skills.
- Students will be aware of their rights within the disciplinary process.
- Students will indicate that the sanction(s) they received were appropriate.
- Students will perceive the appeal process to be fair.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reduce the average number of days taken to process a disciplinary case by 5% per year.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Statement (ATOD)
The Division of Student Life is committed to promoting a safe and healthy learning environment for Rowan students.
It is expected that students will make legal and responsible lifestyle choices concerning the use of tobacco, alcohol and other drugs. Responsible lifestyle choices can be facilitated by engaging in positive activities that build community and enhance learning.