Counseling & Psychological Services
For Faculty & Staff
Savitz Hall — Top Floor
201 Mullica Hill Rd.
Glassboro, NJ 08028
8:30am — 4:30pm
Monday — Friday
4:30pm to 7:00pm Wednesday - by appointment only
Mondays and Wednesdays
Walk-In Appointments Available Daily 11am-4pm
After Hours Emergencies
Call Public Safety at
256-4911 and ask for Counselor on Call
We ask that you please contact the CPSC in advance to cancel appointments you are unable to attend, so that the appointment slot might be made available for another student.
Resources for Students
Other Campus Resources
HELP Hotline. 256-HELP (4357). The HELP Hotline is a volunteer telephone hotline service staffed by Rowan students who are trained to listen to your concerns and to refer callers to appropriate resources when needed. HELP Hotline volunteers are available to take your calls every evening from 9PM to midnight during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Rowan Healthy Campus Initiatives - the Office of Healthy Campus Initiatives (HCI) is committed to educating the Rowan University community about making healthy choices and decisions regarding their personal wellness that will enhance the college experience. HCI uses evidence-based practices to reach students, faculty and staff through the development of initiatives and interactive programs to keep the Rowan community informed of current health trends.
Local Community Resources
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service, 800-473-2227. Non-profit organization that provides free credit counseling services for persons whose debt has become a problem.
Web Based Resources
Alcohol & Substance Abuse
Health Information for College Students
- http://readsh101.com/rowan.html Student Health 101is a digital magazine that uses forums, video, sound, and other interactive features especially for college students. Health and wellness topics are covered including alcohol and other drugs, stress, family issues, mental health, sexual responsibility, body image, fitness and nutrition, study habits, and much more. Rowan also participates in contributing material and resources specific to Rowan students.
- http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/ A health question-and-answer internet service provided by Columbia University’s Health Education Program.
Mental Health Information for College Students
- http://counseling.uchicago.edu/vpc/ The Student Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection sponsored by the University of Chicago provides access to informative virtual pamphlets on a broad range of topics from University Counseling Centers across the country.
- http://www.ulifeline.org/main/Home.html Learn more about protecting your emotional health and what to do if you or a friend are struggling with mental health issues.
- http://www.nmha.org/go/backtocampus/links Links to various college mental health online resources
- http://www.acha.org/Topics/mentalhlth.cfm This page is an index of American College Health Association and other resources on this topic. Resources include association projects, programs, publications, guidelines, and more. Additional information may be available under “External Resources.”
- http://www.halfofus.com/default_splash.aspx Through Half of Us, mtvU and The Jed Foundation a public dialogue has been initiated to raise awareness about the prevalence of mental health issues and connects students to the appropriate resources to get help.
Sex and Sexuality
back to top >>