Orientation & Student Leadership Programs
New Student Orientation
We are excited to have you join our University community. Orientation provides you with the information you need to make the most of your Rowan experience.
Here's what you will experience at orientation:
- Academic Success workshop and a brief overview of General Education and other graduation requirements;
- academic advising;
- time to build you schedule and register for spring term classes;
- opportunities to connect with other students;
- an introduction to Rowan student services and involvement opportunities.
Please use the orientation reservation system to enroll in the Online Orientation course. Once you complete your orientation reservation, you will receive an e-mail with a link to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to complete course registration for the spring term.
All new undergraduate students (all freshmen and transfer students) are required to attend orientation. If you are unable to attend one of the on-campus orientation sessions, please contact our office at 856-256-4041 ask about our online orientation program. If you previously attended Rowan, you are not required to attend orientation, but are encouraged to do so to learn about any policies that may have changed or new resources available to you.
Students must reserve a spot to attend orientation in advance. We utilize an online reservation system that displays specific dates available according to major. Not every date may be offered for all majors, and sessions will close when maximum capacities are reached. Please use the orientation reservation system to view dates currently available for your major(s).
Reserve your spot at orientation today:
Please confirm your attendance at New Student Orientation by January 3:
- Discuss with your parents or adult family members whether or not they would like to attend Parent & Family Orientation. You will be asked to enter information for each guest attending orientation with you in the online system.
- Activate your Rowan computing account at www.rowan.edu/password.
- Review the reservation information and frequently asked questions.
Parents - please stop here:
Click here for orientation instructions for parents & family members.
- After confirming your acceptance of admission, you will receive an e-mail from our office when you can reserve your date online. You will need your Rowan Banner ID number (from your Admissions materials, the orientation invitation e-mail, or the mailing label from the orientation reminder) to reserve your spot. You are eligible for academic advising during orientation for the major listed in your invitation e-mail only. If you would like to change your major, please contact Admissions (877-RU-ROWAN, 856-256-4200, or firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to completing your orientation reservations.
- Click here to access our online reservation system. The first time you access the system you will need to provide your name and Rowan Banner ID number, then provide an e-mail address and password you would like to use to create your reservation. You will not be able to access the orientation reservation system until two business days after you pay your admissions deposit.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation after you have successfully registered.
- Check your Rowan e-mail regularly to stay up to date until orientation.
Some majors provide academic advising prior to orientation as staff time permits. See if you can get a head start by registering for your courses today!
Attend a New Transfer Information Session prior to orientation or a Transfer Topics workshop to learn more about your new home, Rowan University.