- 2014 Orientation Dates
- New Student Orientation (December or January)
- Transfer Orientation (May or June)
- Freshman Orientation (June or July)
- Final Fall/International Orientation (August)
- Online Orientation
- Directions to Orientation
- Orientation Program Expectations
- Orientation Program Fees
- Orientation Program Philosophy
We are excited to have you join our University community. Orientation provides you with the information you need to make the most of your Rowan experience.
Here's what you will experience at orientation:
- Academic Success workshop and a brief overview of General Education and other graduation requirements;
- academic advising;
- time to build you schedule and register for fall term classes;
- opportunities to connect with other students;
- an introduction to Rowan student services and involvement opportunities.
Transfer Orientation for students beginning classes in the fall term will be held Wednesday, May 21, Wednesday, June 18, or Monday & Tuesday June 23 & 24 (overnight orientation program in Rowan Boulevard). Students must reserve a spot to attend orientation in advance. We utilize an online reservation system that displays specific dates available according to major. Not every date may be offered for all majors, and sessions will close when maximum capacities are reached. Specific date(s) for your academic major will be presented to you when you make orientation reservations online. Please use the orientation reservation system to view dates currently available for your major(s).
An optional Parent & Family Orientation program is held concurrently with Transfer Student Orientation, but students and their parents & adult family members will follow separate orientation schedules.
All new students are required to attend orientation. If you are unable to attend one of the on-campus orientation sessions, please contact our office at 856-256-4041 to make arrangements for registration in July or August and our online orientation program. If you previously attended Rowan, you are not required to attend orientation, but are encouraged to do so to learn about any policies that may have changed or new resources available to you.
Reserve your spot at orientation today:
Please confirm your attendance at Transfer Orientation by May 27:
- Discuss with your parents or adult family members whether or not they would like to attend Parent & Family Orientation. You will be asked to enter information for each guest attending orientation with you in the online system.
- Activate your Rowan computing account at www.rowan.edu/password.
- Review the reservation information and frequently asked questions.
Parents - please stop here:
Click here for orientation instructions for parents & family members.
- You will need your Rowan Banner ID number (from your Admissions materials, the orientation invitation e-mail, or the mailing label from the orientation reminder) to reserve your spot. You are eligible for academic advising during orientation for the major listed in your invitation e-mail only. If you would like to change your major, please contact Admissions (877-RU-ROWAN, 856-256-4200, or firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to completing your orientation reservations.
- Click here to access our online reservation system. The first time you access the system you will need to provide your name and Rowan Banner ID number, then provide an e-mail address and password you would like to use to create your reservation.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation after you have successfully registered.
- Check your Rowan e-mail regularly to stay up to date until orientation.
Don't forget to bring your credit evaluation and/or copies of your transcripts. You may view your transfer credits at the "Transcript" link found at http://sinfo.rowan.edu
New Jersey Institutions Course Equivalency
For transfer information and other resources go to http://www.rowan.edu/newtransfer
For a List of Links To Current Rowan Departments and Events Visit http://cp.rowan.edu/cp/
Academic Transition Programs: email@example.com transfer student assistance service & Welcome Wednesdays transition workshops
If you have additional questions about orientation, please contact the Office of Orientation and Student Leadership Programs at 856-256-4041, @RowanOSLP, or