*ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER FOR IMLEAGUES.COM IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN INTRAMURALS.**
Each player must present a Rowan ID card before each contest to be eligible to participate. No other forms of identification will be accepted.
All intramural participants are responsible for their own medical expenses. Any student unsure of their physical condition should check with their family physician or the Student Health Center before participating in intramural sports.
GAME TIME IS START TIME! Games are self-officiated.
The Game, Players, and Equipment
- The divisions for men are divided into 5’11’’ and under and 6’ and over. Any discretion on participant’s height should be brought to the attention of the intramural supervisor on duty. The women are in the same division regardless of height.
- All games are self-officiated. The two players involved must mediate all questions of judgment. Any games, which cannot be completed due to continued disagreement will be considered a double forfeit. An intramural supervisor will be available for any discrepancies.
- A coin toss shall determine the first possession. After each made basket, the defensive player receives possession of the ball at the top of the key. It is not “make it, take it”. After each made basket, the new offensive player must check the ball to ensure the opponent is ready to play. If Player A misses a shot or “air balls”, Player B after rebounding the ball, must take the ball and both feet back behind the 3-point arc in order to score a basket.
- Each basket shot in front of the three-point line is worth 1 point. Each basket shot behind the three-point line is worth two points.
- Players must keep score. The offensive player is responsible for verbally acknowledging each made basket and the score at the end of each possession.
- The first player to eleven (11) points or the person leading after 15 minutes is declared the winner. The winner must win by two (2) points with a cap of 15.
- If a player causes the ball to go out of bounds or over mid-court, the opposing player receives possession at the top of the key.
- On a held ball situation (jump balls), the ball is awarded to the opponent of the player last having control of the ball.
- Each player is entitled to one time out per game.
- No free throws are awarded
- It is the responsibility of the player who is fouled, to call the foul. Please honor all calls. If an offensive player is found to call fouls continuously on the defending player when no foul was present, the defending player can call on the intramural supervisor to warn of the situation. This also applies to defensive players calling offensive fouls.
- If Player A fouls Player B, Player B calls the foul and received the possession of the ball at the top of the key.
- If a player is fouled in the act of shooting and scores a basket, the foul is disregarded and the basket is counted.
- Personal fouls are not accumulated. No “fouling out”.
- Any player that persists in committing “HARD FOULS” as determined by the intramural supervisor will automatically forfeit out of the tournament
****ALL REGISTRATION WILL NOW BE DONE THROUGH IMLEAGUES, CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO BE TAKEN TO REGISTRATION. YOU MUST SIGN IN WITH YOUR ROWAN UNIVERSITY EMAIL ADDRESS. PAYMENT WILL STILL BE DONE AT THE REC FRONT DESK.****
(click picture to register)
The registration deadline for 1 on 1 Basketball is Wednesday, Feb.19th - Wednesday, March 12th by 9pm. Registration will take place through IM Leagues and no payment is required for this event (ITS FREE!). Registration is free to anyone who wishes to participate.
The event will take place on Wednesday, March 12th at 9pm and will run until a champion is crowned in each division.
The Intramural Office may be contacted at 856-256-4959 or email@example.com
Like us on Facebook to follow upcoming activities and events.