4 on 4 Wiffleball Rules
Each player must present a Rowan ID card before each contest to be eligible to participate. No other forms of identification will be accepted.
All intramural participants are responsible for their own medical expenses. Any student unsure of their physical condition should check with their family physician or the Student Infirmary before participating in intramural sports.
GAME TIME IS START TIME! If necessary, each team has until 5 minutes after game time until the game will be called a forfeit. For each minute after game time that the game must be delayed, the team in which everyone is waiting will be penalized by spotting the opposing team 1 run per minute.
The officiating will be done by officials who are in absolute control of the game. Teams are responsible for keeping their spectators under control. Misconduct of spectators, players or coaches can result in assessment of a penalty, ejection or forfeiture of the game. Spectators must also remain in the area designated by the officials. The officials shall have the power to make decisions on any matters or questions not specifically covered in the rules.
1. Four players on a team.
2. The minimum number of players is two. They must be a pitcher and a catcher.
3. Positions will be: Pitcher, Catcher, and two fielders.
4. Games will last six innings or thirty minutes.
5. Balls and strikes will be determined by the pitch hitting or going through the pvc strike zone, above the stand. No Fastballs will be allowed. The pitcher will be given one warning by the supervisor, then be removed from the mound for the remainder of the game.
6. The batter will be called out if:
a. He strikeouts
b. Any batted ball that is hit on the ground that fails to cross the infield marker and fielded "cleanly" by the infielder is out.
c. Any batted ball that is caught before it touches the ground. This includes playing off the ceiling.
d. Foul ball after two strikes.
e. If playing with less than 4 players, missing players at bat counts as an automatic out.
f. If a team has more than 4 players, they may bat their entire team, but players must bat and play the field at least one full inning.
The basketball sideline and baseline will govern all calls for fair and foul. The only exception will be the following:
On the left field side of the gym (near officials table), any ball that goes to the left of the divider will be considered foul. Any ball to hits the divider will be fair.
7. The batter will be awarded the following bases:
a. Homerun: Ball must carry over the net or outfield marker
b. Double: Ball bouncing over the outfield mark, or hitting the white part of the net.
c. Base on balls.
d. Singles: Ball must be hit in the air out of the infield or hit the blue section of the net or a ball that is hit on the ground and not fielded cleanly by the infielder.
e. All players must remain in the field of play (includes momentum) during a catch.
f. No hit batters: the pitch will be called a ball.
8. There will be no runners on base. A scoresheet will be kept by the supervisor. Time and score will be kept by the supervisor. If a player is on second and a single is hit, the player on second will advance to third. If a single is hit with a runner on first and third, the runner on third will score and the runner on first will advance to second.
9. Bats and balls will be provided. You may use your own bats. No tape on bats allowed.
10. Any ball that becomes stuck in the curtain in the field will be ruled a double.
11. Any ball that becomes stuck in the ceiling without passing over the curtain will be ruled a double.
12. Mercy Rule
a. Maximum of ten runs per inning
b. If either team is winning by 20 or more runs following the start of the 5thinning, the game is over
c. If team A scores a run to give them an advantage of 20 runs in the bottom of the fourth inning, the game will be over.