Residential Learning & University Housing
Students, professional performers to present Shange’s production at Rowan | More
New Engineering building art provides great “Opticks” | More
Rowan psychology expert: Breast cancer patients benefit physically from mental health support | More
National Center for Women & Information Technology awards grant to new computer science club at Rowan University | More
Geologist to discuss involvement in NASA mission at Edelman Planetarium | More
How To Resolve Roommate Concerns
Below are options residents can explore if they are having roommate concerns:
1. Talk with your roommate:
Sometimes small issues arise which are left unresolved that lead to larger roommate concerns. When little things arise, bring it to your roommates attention and come up to an agreement on a better way you will handle the same situation in the future. Make sure any changes you make to your roommate contract are updated on the contract itself. Residential staff can assist with this process.
2. Talk with your RA:
If you are not quite sure how to approach this conversation with your roommate, contact your Resident Assistant for advice and guidance.
3. Meet with your Resident Director or Residential Learning Coordinator:
Sometimes issues that arise between roommates can be easily resolved through mediation or open communication with a neutral third party. Our professional staff members are trained to assist residents with dealing with some of these difficult and awkward situations. If you have any concerns or issues, please contact your Resident Director or Residential Learning Coordinator and set up a meeting to explore your options.
4. Submit a room change/room swap request:
What is a Room Change Request?
A room change is your request to move into a room that is or will become a vacancy.
What is a Room Swap Request?
A room swap request is a change in which you and another person are “swapping” rooms. In the event you are submitting a room swap request, both students must submit a room swap request via the direction below. Residential Learning and University Housing will be unable to process the swap request until both parties have submitted the appropriate form.
To Submit a Room Change/Room Swap Request
- Log on to www.rowan.edu/selfservice
- Click on MyHousing
- Hover over “Room Selection”
- Click “Request a Room Change”
- Put in the hall(s) or hall/room you are interested in moving to
- If you are submitting a room swap request, please indicate the name of the person you are wishing to swap with as well as the building/room information for that individual
- In detail outline your reason for your request
- Click “Submit Room Change Request”
To Cancel a Room Change/Swap Request
- If you wish to cancel your room change request, do so by either:
- Submitting another room change request and in the "Requested Hall/Room" field type "Cancel Room Change Request"; OR
- Emailing our office at email@example.com to let us know you would like to cancel your room change request.
When/How are Room Change/Swap Requests Processed
- Our office receives a large quantity of room change/room swap requests daily.
- As they are submitted to our office we process them into our housing database system manually.
- We try our best to let students know routinely where they are on the room change wait lists, however if you have questions at any time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Room Change Requests are reviewed regularly throughout each semester.
- Room Change Requests are offered to students who have requested a room change/swap based on their position on the room change wait list and our availability of spaces to offer.
- • Please note: Not all room change requests will be approved due to lack of availability and the large amount of requests received within an academic year.
- If we are able to meet your request and we have room available to offer you, you will receive an email to your Rowan email address informing you of this information as well as the hall/room location you can accept to be re-assigned to.
- You must set up an appointment AND respond to the Department of Residential Learning and University Housing by the date listed in the email.
- Your room change will be uable to occur if you fail to respond by the date indicated in the email and/or if you fail to schedule an appointment within the allotted time given.
Should you have any additional questions, please contact us at 856-256-4266 ext. 1 or email@example.com.