Residential Learning & University Housing
bullet Rowan Family Medicine physician selected judge for Miss America Competition | More

bullet College of Education, Williamstown High School establish new academy program for aspiring teachers | More

bullet Unearthing an ancient croc | More

bullet U.S. Sen. Cory Booker shares life experiences, advice with EOF/MAP students | More

bullet Rowan Engineering signs articulation agreement with Cumberland Co. school | More

» Housing Assignments » Roommate Concerns?

How To Resolve Roommate Concerns

Below are options residents can explore if they are having roommate concerns:

1. Talk with your roommate:

Sometimes small issues arise which are left unresolved that lead to larger roommate concerns. When little things arise, bring it to your roommates attention and come up to an agreement on a better way you will handle the same situation in the future. Make sure any changes you make to your roommate contract are updated on the contract itself. Residential staff can assist with this process.

2. Talk with your RA:

If you are not quite sure how to approach this conversation with your roommate, contact your Resident Assistant for advice and guidance.

3. Meet with your Resident Director or Residential Learning Coordinator:

Sometimes issues that arise between roommates can be easily resolved through mediation or open communication with a neutral third party. Our professional staff members are trained to assist residents with dealing with some of these difficult and awkward situations. If you have any concerns or issues, please contact your Resident Director or Residential Learning Coordinator and set up a meeting to explore your options.

4. Submit a room change/room swap request:

What is a Room Change Request?

A room change is your request to move into a room that is or will become a vacancy. 

What is a Room Swap Request?

A room swap request is a change in which you and another person are “swapping” rooms.  In the event you are submitting a room swap request, both students must submit a room swap request via the direction below.  Residential Learning and University Housing will be unable to process the swap request until both parties have submitted the appropriate form.

To Submit a Room Change/Room Swap Request

  • Log on to
  • Click on MyHousing
  • Hover over “Room Selection”
  • Click “Request a Room Change”
  • Put in the hall(s) or hall/room you are interested in moving to
    • If you are submitting a room swap request, please indicate the name of the person you are wishing to swap with as well as the building/room information for that individual
  • In detail outline your reason for your request
  • Click “Submit Room Change Request”

To Cancel a Room Change/Swap Request

  • If you wish to cancel your room change request, do so by submitting another room change request and in the "Requested Hall/Room"  field type "Cancel Room Change Request"

When/How are Room Change/Swap Requests Processed

  • Room Change Requests are reviewed every Thursday throughout the summer and every Friday during the regularly scheduled semester
  • You will receive an email to your Rowan email address informing you your room change/swap request has been approved and as well as the room you are approved to be reassigned to
  • You must set up an appointment/respond to the Department of Residential Learning and University Housing by the date listed in the email
  • You will be unable to complete your room change if you fail to respond by the date indicated in the email

Should you have any additional questions, please contact us at 856-256-4266 x1 or