Residential Learning & University Housing
Rowan Engineering Pumpkin Chunkin’ goes Medieval | More
Access & Inclusion Week at Rowan offers full complement of events | More
As Department of Public Safety seeks re-accreditation, CALEA assessment team invites public comments | More
‘American Promise’: Film screening, discussion to focus on issues of race, class and privilege in education | More
As GOP leaders jump ship on Trump, Clinton looks to stay the course in presidential race | More
Fall 2016 Move-In Guides
Please see below for detailed move in information for your specific complex.
We are looking for students to volunteer to assist with move in weekend! For more information on volunteering and to sign up to volunteer, please visit ProfLink at https://rowan.collegiatelink.net/account/logonrequired?ReturnUrl=%2Fform%2Fstart%2F105163 and fill out the 2016 Rowan University Move-In Volunteer Registration form.
Don't forget, there are incentives for assisting us with move in weekend! Please see below for more information!
Perks for Volunteering
· Entry into a raffle for prizes; $200 in Rowan Bucks and a 9.7 inch iPad Pro.
· Students will be eligible for the raffle if they volunteer for at least 8 hours. Those who volunteer for 12 hours or move will get 2 entries into the raffle.
· Early Move-in to your on-campus housing assignment (Thursday 8/25 from 9am - 2pm)
· A welcome event for move-in volunteers after the early move-in on Thursday afternoon hosted at the new Holly Pointe Commons dining facility, the Glassworks Eatery.
· Free T-shirt to be worn move in weekend
· Lunch in the Student Center Ballroom catered by Gourmet Dining each of the move-in days for those working
· Ability to represent student organizations with apparel (as long as the move-in weekend shirt is not covered at all)
Check in for Fall 2016 will be the last weekend in August. All freshmen move in on Sunday, August 28, 2016 from 8am-4pm (6pm for Holly Poinet Commons residents). Upperclassmen move in on Friday, August 26, 2016 (Rowan Boulevard Residents, Part 1 and Holly Pointe Commons Upperclassmen part 1) from 8am - 6pm and Saturday, August 27, 2016 beginning at 8am. For the remainder of Rowan Blvd and Holly Pointe Commons residents, move in will last through appointment times ending at 6pm. For all other upperclassmen apartment complexes, move in is scheduled to end at 4pm. Please see below for the detailed move in schedule.
Rowan Boulevard and Whitney Center Fall 2016 residents will receive an e-mail during July to their Rowan e-mail address with details on how to select a move in time. Please make sure you select your move in appointment by Sunday, August 14th at midnight. Students who do not select an appointment time will be assigned one.
Holly Pointe Commons residents will be provided an appointment time to move in via their Rowan e-mail address during August. Appointment times will be generated based on your assigned housing location within the complex, strategically spread out for each appointment so as to not overload building access points.
A map of the main campus and reference guide to parking can be found here. Please see the designated unloading and parking zones below.
||Chestnut Hall Office
||Chestnut Parking Lot
||Magnolia Hall Office
||Edgewood Parking Lot
||Willow Hall Office
||Edgewood Parking Lot
||Mimosa Hall Office
|Oak & Laurel Halls
||Oak & Laurel Lot (Entrance from Lot P off Whitney Ave)
||Trustee Drive (Entrance from Lot P off Whitney Ave)
|Edgewood Park Apartments
||Edgewood Park Office
||Edgewood Parking Lot
||Triad Parking Lot
||Townhouse Community Center
||Parking garage and surrounding parking lots
||Rowan Boulevard Conference Room
||8/26/2016– 8/27/2016 (By appointment time)
||Rowan Blvd parking garage and enter via the entrance closest to the Marriott Hotel
||Bole Hall Annex
||8/27/2016 (By appointment time)
||Lot P (For vehicle staging)
|Holly Pointe Commons
||Unloading Zone-Holly Pointe Commons Parking Lot
||Upperclassmen: 8/26/2016 -8/27/2016 (By appointment time)
Freshmen: 8/28/2016 (By appointment time)
|Entrance to Lot D for vehicle staging.
For most complexes, upon arrival at your check-in location, you will meet with the Resident Assistants assigned to the check-in table.
• You will sign in to the building and fill out all necessary paperwork required and receive the items you will need for the year:
o You will receive a copy of your room condition report with instructions for use, and a booklet of resident resources.
o You will receive your key and sign your key receipt
- Rowan Boulevard residents will be asked to sign paperwork confirming they received their bedroom pin code and mailbox combination
o You will receive your welcome packet with information regarding your building, how to submit work orders, RCR information, a lanyard, etc.
- Holly Pointe Commons residents will proceed directly to your room once your vehicle is unloaded in the parking lot unloading zone. Your check in packet will be waiting for you in your room. It will contain housing paperwork such as your room condition report and resident resource booklet with important information. You will be instructed to re-located your unloaded vehicle to more distant campus parking lots, which will be serviced by a shuttle to assist you in getting back to your building, to allow for the next vehicles a chance to unload for their move in process. More specific details about this process will be sent to Holly Pointe Commons’ resident email addresses.
• Students are then free to move in and set up their room.
- Rowan Boulevard, Whitney Center, and Holly Pointe Commons residents must arrive during their staging area arrival appointment time. Vehicles will be escorted/directed to the appropriate unloading zone to unpack your vehicle as quickly as possible. Because of limited space, only 1 vehicle for each resident will be permitted into each unloading zone. This will be strictly enforced.
- Once your vehicle is unloaded, you will be directed to move it to a parking area further away, to allow space for other students to park as close to the building as possible to unload. Shuttle service will be available from parking lots back to the buildings once vehicles are re-located after the unloading process.
• A limited supply of rolling bins will be supplied for loan at each check-in location. Again, supplies are limited, so please make necessary accommodations to gather any items you feel necessary to assist moving your items in prior to the date of move-in. Bringing your own hand truck, for example, is encouraged to get belongings from your vehicle to your building. Only Rowan Blvd, Whitney, Holly Pointe Commons and Triad have elevators.
For new students:
• The following items must be completed prior to you moving in:
o Your fall bill must be paid – See the Bursar’s Office with any additional questions (856-256-4150) or online.
o You must have all vaccination paperwork in to Health Services – See Health Services with any additional questions (856-256-4333) or online.
• For information on what to bring and what not to bring click here.
• To view your housing assignment (available the week of August 8, 2016) click here.
Click Here for a list of offices that are open during check-in and hours.