- Co-advise the student programming board:
- Attend weekly meetings.
- Advise students on issues of contract negotiation,
- liability/risk management, insurance,
- assessment and other current issues in the field of campus events.
- Manage $350,000 programming budget.
- Assist with planning the mid-year and summer retreat
- Complete semester evaluations
- Assist and participate in University-wide committees, such as Welcome Week,
- Homecoming, Orientation, and Sibs Weekend.
- Serve as a team member for the Office of Student Activities.
- Other duties assigned.
- $8000 stipend per year.
- $1000 Boro Bucks per semester.
- On-Campus furnished apartment.
- Full Tuition Waiver (excluding student fees which are approximately $1200/semester).
- Rowan employee parking permit.
- Professional development opportunities up to $1000 per year.
- Summer work is required and paid at an hourly rate.
Start Date: July 2015
Length of Employment: 2 years
The Office of Student Activities is seeking a responsible, motivated, and flexible individual who can work in a dynamic environment to take on the role of GC for the Office of Student Activities. This position is great training for individuals who seek a career in higher education and student affairs. This position offers hands on experience in the areas of advising, supervision, contracting, budgeting, marketing, assessment, and evaluation. This position directly reports to the Assistant Director of Student Activities.
Position Requirements: The GC for the Office of Student Activities must possess a Bachelor’s degree and be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at Rowan University. The graduate assistantship is contingent upon enrollment in a graduate program. Enrollment in the Higher Education Administration program is preferred, however not required. This position will require some weekend and late night hours (after 9 PM). This position requires 30 hours weekly to be divided between office and programming hours. Summer work is also required and paid at an hourly rate.
About the Student Programming Board (SUP): The purpose of the Student University Programmers shall be to provide the students of Rowan University with an array of diverse, educational, and entertaining programs, to encourage the development of leadership skills and cooperation among all students, and to promote the interests, image, and quality of experience at Rowan University. Feel free to view the SUP website at www.rowan.edu/studentactivities.
Application Process: Interested candidates should email cover letter, resume, and at least three references to Constantine Alexakos, Alexakos@rowan.edu; applicant review process begins Feb 1, 2015.
If you have any questions please contact Constantine Alexakos at 856-256-4696 or e-mail Alexakos@rowan.edu