*Positions open for Fall 2015
Click each option for more details.
Rowan After Hours team members
- Public relations/customer service.
- Supervision of station and participants.
- Set-up/take down of equipment.
- Checking for hand stamps, tickets, and/or wristbands.
- Clearing areas at closing.
- Operation of Tech Equipment.
- General cleanup of area.
- Committee duties as assigned.
- Attend monthly all staff meetings.
- Reporting maintenance, complaints, suggestions, and special or unusual situations to the RAH Staff on Duty.
- Safety awareness.
- Recording and totaling their hours and signing time sheets.
- Completing self evaluations each semester.
- Completing evaluations of supervisors each semester.
Team members are all responsible for:
Marketing team members
- Completing weekly office hours as scheduled (8-12 hrs/week).
- Completing assigned projects.
- Attending weekly marketing meetings.
- Maintaining the upkeep and cleanliness of the marketing suite.
- Recording and totaling hours and signing timesheets.
- Completing self evaluations and evaluations of supervisors each semester.
- Providing knowledge of up to date and practical software or equipment for our office.
- Supporting the OSA department by attending events.
- Must be able to change with the growing needs of our department.
- Attend winter and summer all-staff trainings.
- All other duties as assigned<./li>
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA prior to hire and throughout employment.
- Must be in good judicial standing with the Dean of Students Office.
- Enrolled as a student at Rowan University at time of application.
- Sensitivity to diversity.
- Ability to work well in a team setting with other students and professional staff members.
The Office of Student Activities (OSA) is looking for creative minds to help us market the events and mission of our office! Our office setting allows for our team members to work hand in hand getting projects and assignments done, while gaining experience to aid in professional development. We push teamwork and collaboration; however, give students the freedom to be creative and work on projects individually as well. Our office is a fast paced work environment with high demands, and sometimes, stressful deadlines. The demands you will experience will prepare you for the real world atmosphere. We are looking for team members who are flexible and value constructive criticism and constant feedback. Hours are between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday. The OSA will provide equipment and software.
Team members are all responsible for:
- Organizing and editing photos using Photoshop or Aperture.
- Uploading photos to designated folders within the office’s media manager.
- Saving files in various web or publication formats.
- Work closely with videographer, graphic designers, and web designer to provide them with files for projects.
- Making captions for photos.
- Keeping active records of photos of all team members and committee members for the End of Year slideshow.
The Photographer is responsible for shooting a wide variety of events for the OSA, most events are late at night or on weekends. They must be comfortable using a Canon DSLR and Apple computers.
The photographer is also responsible for:
- Creating and editing videos for OSA.
- Uploading video to designated folders within the office’s open area.
- Managing and organizing the YouTube channel.
- Telling “our story” through video and promotional videos.
The Videographer is responsible for shooting video at a wide variety of events for the OSA, most events are late at night or on weekends. They are also responsible for creating commercials, ads, recap videos, and end of the year slideshow videos. They must be comfortable shooting video with a Canon DSLR and using Apple computers. Video editing experience is necessary while Adobe Creative Suite experience is preferred.
The videographer is also responsible for:
- Creating Photoshop graphics for upcoming events.
- Being able to implement open source software.
- Having the flexibility to update something small from home if needed.
The Web Developer is responsible for keeping the OSA’s website up to date daily. They must be comfortable using Apple OS, HTML, CSS, PHP, and an active directory. Basic knowledge of Photoshop is recommended.
The Web Developer is also responsible for:
- Ordering through University Duplications.
- Tracking orders and purchases through excel log.
- Provide designs in PDF, vector, or compressed files, as needed.
- Having knowledge of typography and layout design.
The Graphic Artist is responsible for creating graphics, flyers, handbills, and any promotional material needed for the OSA. They must be comfortable using Adobe design programs and Apple computers, and designing for web and print. Experience in illustration is preferred.
The Graphic Artist is also responsible for:
The Marketing Assistant works closely with the Graduate Coordinator for Marketing & Special Events. They are responsible for creating social media posts, weekly calendar graphics, and managing flyer distribution across campus.