Visions of the Future: Setting Your Career Plan in Motion
Components of the learning community:
- Grouped Housing in same Residence Hall (coed)
- 2 paired courses first and second semester
- Peer mentoring
- Meet the group during summer orientation
- Meet linked course faculty members
- Community meetings throughout the semester to socialize, learn about the campus and explore majors & careers
Primary goals of the learning community:
- To assist students in adjusting socially and academically to the University.
- To increase student satisfaction in the freshman year.
- To provide relevant and continual information about campus services, policies, procedures, and oppuortunities.
- To increase the students' awareness of their interests, work values, and abilities and relate them to the majors they are considering.
- To explore occupations related to various majors and begin a developmental career plan for increased motivation and satisfaction with a choice of major.
- To increase the likelihood of selecting an appropriate major that is a match to the interests and goals of each student.