Ms Office 2007 update: Macintosh Compatibility
The revised converter tool which allows Mac users to convert Word 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 documents is now available for use until December 31, 2008. It is necessary for you to download this revised program in order to stay compatible with individuals who have upgraded to MS Office 2007. Please note, this tool is not available for Excel 2007 and requires an operating system of 10.4.8 (Tiger) or higher.
Attention PC Users
Please be kind to our Macintosh community as we work through this transition and share your files in the MS Office 2003 format, a must for Excel files.
How to install file format converter for Macintosh (Word and PowerPoint only):
1. Go to Go > Connect to Server >Server Address: appserver2 > Click on Connect
2. At the Connect to Server dialog box, type your Rowan username and password and click Connect
3. Select data2 and click OK
4. Double click on NetworkApplications > Double click on OfficeOpenXMLConverter021EN.dmg
5. At the Authenticate dialog box, type your computer password and click OK.
6. Click Continue > Agree > Install
How do I upgrade my operating system?
If you wish to upgrade your operating system in order to use the convertor tool, please contact the support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 4400 (from off-campus, dial 856-256-4400) to schedule an appointment with the computer workshop.
When am I getting MS Office 2008?
The upgrade will begin August 4, 2008. Please visit MS Office 2008 (Mac) for details.