A new plagiarism application, Turnitin (turn-it-in) is now available for faculty at Rowan University. Turnitin is a Web-based service that identifies papers containing unoriginal material and acts as a powerful deterrent to stop student plagiarism before it starts. Turnitin also brings classroom collaboration into the internet age, giving students the tools to review and respond to their classmates' work online using criteria customized by the instructor.
To start using Turnitin, start by
1. Reviewing training materials provided by Turnitin at http://www.turnitin.com/static/training_support/
2. Then, "Create a User Profile" (see upper right hand corner of Web page) with Turnitin as an Instructor
3. For registration information, please contact the Blackboard administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Enter your email address.
5. Provide a password for your account.
6. Continue creating a user profile.
7. Start class setup wizard.