Installing and Connecting with the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
Windows Vista users: We recommend you first add the VPN site as a trusted site:
Adding Rowan web sites to the list of trusted sites is required for Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater on Windows Vista and Windows 7. We also recommend the procedure for others to eliminate certain security pop-up messages when you connect.
Internet Explorer has "Protected Mode" enabled by default. Adding Rowan web sites to the trusted sites allows communications with the security appliance, even though "Protected Mode" is enabled.
To add Rowan web sites to the list of trusted sites:
- Open Internet Explorer and choose Tools > Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Trusted Sites icon, then click the Sites button below.
- Type the web address https://*.rowan.edu.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
- Click OK on the Security tab.
Connecting to the Rowan VPN
- Point your browser to http://vpn2.rowan.edu (Using Internet Explorer on a Windows computer is required)
- Enter your Rowan network username and password and click Login.
- Click the Start AnyConnect link in your browser window to begin installation the AnyConnect program. If you receive a certificate warning, accept the certificate and continue with the installation.
NOTE: On Macintosh PowerPC computers, you may be asked to manually install the AnyConnect client (see example below). Click the link under Install using the link below to complete your installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be automatically connected to USC's VPN. You should now see the icon, circled in the image below in your system tray if you are on a Windows PC or the system dock if you are on a Macintosh
Disconnecting from the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
For a Windows PC
To disconnect from the AnyConnect VPN connection on a Windows PC:
- Right-click the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client icon in your system tray.
- Select Open AnyConnect.
- From the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client screen, choose Disconnect.
For a Macintosh
To disconnect from the AnyConnect VPN connection on a Macintosh:
- Click the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client in your system dock.
- From the Cisco AnyConnect Client screen, click the Disconnect button.