Admissions & Aid
Excellence in education is what we strive for, so admission is competitive and dependent upon the availability of seats for each incoming cohort. However, we are interested in knowing you as a whole person because at RowanGSBS you are not a number, you are a unique and capable contributor to the school and community. Therefore, we look at more than your numbers -candidates for admission are evaluated on the basis of academic achievement, personal interviews*, recommendations from former professors, a personal statement and other data documenting academic performance and experience. This allows us to get as much information about your qualifications and ability to succeed at the graduate level as possible.
*Interviews are required for the Cell and Molecular Biology (PhD/MS) and Histopathology programs only.
Please click here for Admissions Policies.
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university is required. All applicants should have completed college courses in biology, biochemistry, physics, general chemistry, and organic chemistry. Courses in calculus, molecular biology, cell biology and physical chemistry are highly recommended for all students. We cannot preview your credentials or indicate the likelihood of acceptance prior to receipt of the completed application.
What is needed to apply?
- An online application and non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records- Students must have earned a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited school.
- Official Test Scores
- Doctoral Programs - GRE general test is required except for applicants holding degrees of M.D., D.D.S., D.V.M., D.Sc., or D.O. from accredited institutions in the United States.
- Master's & Certificate Programs - GRE general test, MCAT or DAT is required.
- Recommendations from three individuals for Ph.D. programs and two for masters programs, preferably academic instructors, who have direct knowledge of the applicant's academic performance in science-related fields. GSBS does not have a recommendation form, please see the FAQ for details.
- Personal Statement- This is part of the online application.
- Interview with Admissions Committee-Required only for the Cell and Molecular Biology (PhD/MS) and Histopathology applicants. Not all applicants will be invited for an admissions interview.
- Optional Resume or CV- If you would like to submit a resume or CV, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review Frequently Asked Questions- Click here for more information regarding application status, transcripts and letters of recommendation.
Please review additional information and requirements on our International Applicants section.
Where to send application items:
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
42 E. Laurel Rd. Suite 2200
PO Box 1011
Stratford, New Jersey 08084
Phone: (856) 566-6282
Fax: (856) 566-6232
Email documents to: email@example.com