Employment & Training


Employment & Training

Student Employment Options

On-campus Employment and Social Security Number

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

Curricular Practical Training

Optical Practical Training (OPT):

UPDATE: Starting October 2, 2017, you may apply for an Employment Authorization Document and a Social Security Number simultaneously on Form I-765, according to a USCIS notice. Make sure to use the latest (07/17/17) edition of form I-765 to do this. Previously, applicants needed to submit a Form I-765 to USCIS for an EAD, and then submit additional paperwork in-person at their local Social Security office to obtain an SSN. The revised USCIS form includes additional questions that allow applicants to apply for an SSN or replacement card without visiting a Social Security office. For more information please visit USCIS webpage.

Pre-Completion Optional Practical Training

Post-Completion Optional Practical Training 

OPT STEM Extension

OPT Request Form


CPT vs. OPT Table

Tax Information


Career Management Center


The Career Management Center located on the 2nd floor of Savitz Hall has a team of advisors that can help assist you identify interests and skills, search for potential jobs or internships, participate in career events and workshops, as well as help aid you navigate through major and career oriented resources within the CMC Career Learning Center.