Financial Aid Q & A

Are Financial Aid Counselors available for individual appointments?
Yes. If you are experiencing financial difficulty, it is highly recommended they schedule an appointment with a counselor.
How are student budgets constructed?
Student budgets consist of tuition, fees, cost of required books and supplies, room and board (based upon a shared dwelling), transportation, and personal expenses. In general, tuition, fees and books come from your school’s Student Affairs office. Room and board costs are constructed using Bureau of Labor Statistics data for specific geographical regions. This is supplemented with data from surveys sent to our student body.
I have prior educational loans that need to be deferred. Who processes my forms?
Deferment forms are processed by the Registrar of your respective school.
How many credits are needed in order to receive financial aid?
Students are required to be matriculated in a program of study at least half-time for the period seeking financial assistance. Please refer to your school’s enrollment policy.
Can I receive financial aid as a non-matriculated student?
In some instances, it is possible to receive financial aid as a non-matriculated student. Contact your respective financial aid office for further assistance.
How can I apply for more financial aid?
Students who have room in their budgets can request additional funds by completing the Request for Additional Financial Aid form. This form is available on the Student Financial Aid website.
How do I know if I have room in my budget?
Subtract your total financial aid award from your Cost of Attendance. Your individual budget figures along with your financial aid award can be obtained by logging into Rowan Self Service. Follow the prompts to Financial Aid. Click on Cost of Attendance for the appropriate academic year.
Can I request to lower my financial aid award? If so, how?
Yes. Students must submit award changes in writing to the Financial Aid Office.
How do I change my financial aid address?
Complete the Financial Aid Change of Address form available on the SOM Financial Aid website. NOTE, this applies only to Financial Aid.
Are non-citizens eligible for financial aid?
A student must be a citizen or eligible non-citizen to receive aid from the Federal Student Aid programs. The general requirement for eligible non-citizens is that they be in the U.S. for other than a temporary purpose with the intention of becoming a citizen or lawful permanent resident, as evidenced by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Students should review their school’s catalog for more specific information regarding citizenship requirements.

One Medical Center Drive
Stratford, New Jersey 08084-1501
Technical contact for the web site
Notice of Availability of Rowan’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
Privacy Statement