- At NJ.com:RowanSOM professor administers magnetic pulse therapy to treat depression. Dr. John O'Reardon, professor and Director of the Center for Mood Disorders and Neuromodulation Therapies at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, is a leader in the field of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) - a procedure that helps get neurons working properly in people suffering from depression. (read more)
- At NJ.com: End-of-Life Care-A difficult but necessary discussion. Dr. Niel Rosen, Ph. D., assistant professor at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford, recently participated in a panel discussion about advance care planning and end-of-life care in honor of National Healthcare Decisions Day. (read more)
- In Courier-Post: Midwifery remains strong influence of delivery of babies in U.S.
In New Jersey, obstetricians outnumber licensed midwives and certified nurse-midwives nearly 5-to-1. About 1,500 obstetricians are working in the state…. The state Board of Medical Examiners has issued licenses to 319 certified midwives and nurse-midwives.
Dr. Anthony Salerno, a Rowan SOM obstetrician who has partnered with midwives for decades, thinks more of the latter are needed. (read more)
- In the Courier-Post: RowanSOM physician gains popularity discussing health issues on TV
Dr. Jennifer Caudle — or “Dr. Jen” as viewers know her — can be seen regularly on local television newscasts, dispensing health advice and discussing topical medical news. She has also appeared on national programs including “The Dr. Oz Show” and CNN’s “New Day.” (read more)
- At NJ.com: Rowan-SOM receives $1M for education, research in geriatric issues.
As the state's aging population continues to increase and the physician shortage looms, an endowment to the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine could help balance the scales and keep older New Jerseyans living longer, healthier lives.
The William G. Rohrer Charitable Foundation has pledged $1 million to the Rowan University Foundations, university officials announced Monday. (read more)
Register for our next event
- October 6, 2014 - Campus Tour
- November 10, 2014 - Campus Tour
- December 12, 2014 - Campus Tour
- Music Medicine at Kennedy Cancer Center
Dec. 10 - 5:30 PM
A monthly event at Washington Township Cancer Center. A mobile version of our drum circle with some added events included such as music appreciation, song writing and vocal therapy.
900 Medical Center Drive, Sewell, NJ Hope and Healing Center is on second floor down the hallway to the right