- In Courier-Post: Midwifery remains strong influence of delivery of babies in U.S.
In New Jersey, obstetricians outnumber licensed midwives and certified nurse-midwives nearly 5-to-1. About 1,500 obstetricians are working in the state…. The state Board of Medical Examiners has issued licenses to 319 certified midwives and nurse-midwives.
Dr. Anthony Salerno, a Rowan SOM obstetrician who has partnered with midwives for decades, thinks more of the latter are needed. (read more)
- At WHYY: Holding a human heartand other surprises of anatomy lab, day 1
To many a bright-eyed first year medical student, there's one experience that marks a real turning point or 'rite of passage' into the medical field. That moment when textbook studies leave the stage, and actual flesh and bone take the spotlight.
Enter gross anatomy 101. Human dissection. (read more and see video)
- In the Courier-Post: RowanSOM physician gains popularity discussing health issues on TV
Dr. Jennifer Caudle — or “Dr. Jen” as viewers know her — can be seen regularly on local television newscasts, dispensing health advice and discussing topical medical news. She has also appeared on national programs including “The Dr. Oz Show” and CNN’s “New Day.” (read more)
- At NJ.com: Rowan-SOM receives $1M for education, research in geriatric issues.
As the state's aging population continues to increase and the physician shortage looms, an endowment to the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine could help balance the scales and keep older New Jerseyans living longer, healthier lives. The William G. Rohrer Charitable Foundation has pledged $1 million to the Rowan University Foundations, university officials announced Monday. (read more)
- In The Courier Post - INTERVIEW: Dr. Thomas Cavalieri.
Dr. Thomas Cavalieri, dean of the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, talked recently about events since July 1. That was when the New Jersey Medical and Education Restructuring Act went into effect, dissolving the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and placing SOM under the Rowan umbrella. (read more)
- At NJ.com: RowanSOM researcher to study effects of Hurricane Sandy on the elderly.
A researcher from the Rowan University School of Medicine has received a $681,000 grant to research the effect of Hurricane Sandy on elderly residents of counties hit hardest by the storm. (read more)
- Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine is hosting its Annual Open House on April 11th. Take three hours to look around and learn facts to help you understand what osteopathic medical schools are looking for in an applicant. Get statistics on admissions, information on the medical school curriculum and an overview on research taking place on our campus. Our current students and admissions staff will host question and answer panels and provide tours of our campus. Register Today!
- RowanSOM Sends 143 Students to Hospitals - and it's Good News! Most people wouldn’t be happy to hear they are going to a hospital, but for 69 graduating medical students at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM) that news was among the best they had ever received. Surrounded by classmates, family members and loved ones, the students anxiously counted down the final moments before simultaneously tearing open envelopes that held the most anticipated news of their budding medical careers: the names of the teaching hospitals and medical centers where they have secured their first jobs as physicians.
Learn more about GME at RowanSOM
- RowanSOM student going to Haiti after winning medical mission competition
For one second-year medical student at the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM), her typical Tuesday afternoon class didn’t end with an exam or with working on a group project. Instead, it ended with her clutching an oversized boarding pass to Port Au Prince, Haiti, where she’ll be stationed as a medical volunteer in about two months. (read about it in the South Jersey Times and in The Fort Mills Times)
In a report released on March 11, US News & World Report has named Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM) as one of the country’s best medical schools for geriatric medical education. This marks the 13th time that t…Read More
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant will launch ambitious 18-month initiative.…Read More
By Phil Davis, South Jersey Times - For one second-year medical student at RowanSOM, her typical Tuesday afternoon class didn't end with an exam or with working on a group project. Instead, it ended with her clutching an oversized boarding …Read More
By Elana Gordon, WHYY - To many a bright-eyed first year medical student, there's one experience that marks a real turning point or 'rite of passage' into the medical field. That moment when textbook studies leave the stage, and actual flesh and bone…Read More
Welcome to the new University Doctors Patient Portal
Our new online tool lets you manage your health care securely. Log in to:
- Make an appointment
- request a prescription refill
- check your health record
- and much more!