- At NJ.com: End-of-Life Care-A difficult but necessary discussion. Dr. Niel Rosen, Ph. D., assistant professor at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine in Stratford, recently participated in a panel discussion about advance care planning and end-of-life care in honor of National Healthcare Decisions Day. (read more)
- In Courier-Post: Midwifery remains strong influence of delivery of babies in U.S.
In New Jersey, obstetricians outnumber licensed midwives and certified nurse-midwives nearly 5-to-1. About 1,500 obstetricians are working in the state…. The state Board of Medical Examiners has issued licenses to 319 certified midwives and nurse-midwives.
Dr. Anthony Salerno, a Rowan SOM obstetrician who has partnered with midwives for decades, thinks more of the latter are needed. (read more)
- In the Courier-Post: RowanSOM physician gains popularity discussing health issues on TV
Dr. Jennifer Caudle — or “Dr. Jen” as viewers know her — can be seen regularly on local television newscasts, dispensing health advice and discussing topical medical news. She has also appeared on national programs including “The Dr. Oz Show” and CNN’s “New Day.” (read more)
- At NJ.com: Rowan-SOM receives $1M for education, research in geriatric issues.
As the state's aging population continues to increase and the physician shortage looms, an endowment to the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine could help balance the scales and keep older New Jerseyans living longer, healthier lives. The William G. Rohrer Charitable Foundation has pledged $1 million to the Rowan University Foundations, university officials announced Monday. (read more)
- In The Courier Post - INTERVIEW: Dr. Thomas Cavalieri.
Dr. Thomas Cavalieri, dean of the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, talked recently about events since July 1. That was when the New Jersey Medical and Education Restructuring Act went into effect, dissolving the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and placing SOM under the Rowan umbrella. (read more)
RowanSOM Admissions welcomes your 2014-2015 application!
The new application cycle has officially begun. Read about important updates to our application process. Interested in applying Early Decision? Read about important deadlines and requirements.
- RowanSOM Sends 143 Students to Hospitals - and it's Good News! Most people wouldn’t be happy to hear they are going to a hospital, but for 69 graduating medical students at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM) that news was among the best they had ever received. Surrounded by classmates, family members and loved ones, the students anxiously counted down the final moments before simultaneously tearing open envelopes that held the most anticipated news of their budding medical careers: the names of the teaching hospitals and medical centers where they have secured their first jobs as physicians.
Learn more about GME at RowanSOM
Welcome to the new University Doctors Patient Portal
Our new online tool lets you manage your health care securely. Log in to:
- Make an appointment
- request a prescription refill
- check your health record
- and much more!