- In The Courier Post - INTERVIEW: Dr. Thomas Cavalieri.
Dr. Thomas Cavalieri, dean of the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, talked recently about events since July 1. That was when the New Jersey Medical and Education Restructuring Act went into effect, dissolving the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and placing SOM under the Rowan umbrella. (read more)
- At NJ.com: RowanSOM researcher to study effects of Hurricane Sandy on the elderly. A researcher from the Rowan University School of Medicine has received a $681,000 grant to research the effect of Hurricane Sandy on elderly residents of counties hit hardest by the storm. (read more)
- In The Courier Post - Grim prognosis: State's doctor shortage will get worse. Tired of your doctor’s waiting room? Find a comfy seat. By 2020, New Jersey will be in the throes of a 2,800-doctor shortage — about 12 percent fewer than the population needs, according to a report by the New Jersey Council of Teaching Hospitals. The need “will be daunting,” the council report states. (read more)
- At myfoxphilly.com: New Research Could Predict Debilitating Diseases. What if you could predict debilitating diseases in your future before they strike? Researchers in Rowan University laboratories are experimenting away trying to figure out what makes incurable, deadly diseases tick when they stumble upon the unexpected the result a game changer. (video and read more)
- At NJ.com: Free Rowan SOM clinic, student doctors offers services to those who serve. Groups of students who will eventually graduate as D.O.s — doctors of osteopathic medicine — are reaching out to community members to promote the newly opened free Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine clinic and to spread awareness of the osteopathic philosophy. (read more)
- Applicants can apply to the Early Decision Program beginning with the 2013 – 2014 Application Cycle!
Click here for more information!
When he was an undergraduate at then-Glassboro State College back in the early 1960s, when he was looking for a quiet place to which to escape, to read or just to think, Tom Gallia would climb a ginkgo tree on the Bunce Green and perch on a branch, f…Read More
A team of assessors from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA), will arrive on Rowan University's campus on Sunday, Nov. 17, to examine all aspects of the University's Public Safety policy and procedures, ma…Read More
Rachel Pruchno, PhD, the director of Research at the New Jersey Institute for Successful Aging (NJISA) at RowanSOM, has received a two-year $681,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to examine the effects of Hurricane Sandy…Read More
President's Lecture Series: National Book Award winner Katherine Boo to discuss 'Behind the Beautiful Forevers' on Oct. 21
Katherine Boo will share the story behind her award-winning book, Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity, during a talk on Monday, Oct. 21, at 11 a.m. in the Eynon Ballroom of the Chamberlain Student Center at Rowan…Read More
Welcome to the Enterprise Center: New Rowan Boulevard academic building serves as home to College of Graduate & Continuing Education
The College of Graduate and Continuing Education has a new home on Rowan Boulevard.…Read More