The Office of Equity and Diversity
Rowan University remains committed to a policy of nondiscrimination for all its students and employees and for applicants for admission and employment. Our goal is to eliminate any patterns of prohibited unequal treatment from a community that prizes diversity. It is the University's policy not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, affectional or sexual orientation, any disability, color, religion, national origin, or any protected class. University policies and procedures have been established to promote diversity, avoid discrimination and ensure equity in all programs. Social, recreational, academic programs, and services are administered without regard to an individual's protected-class status. The New Jersey State Policy Prohibiting Discrimination in the Workplace covers students if they are in an employment relationship or an employee is involved in any way. Students wishing to file a complaint against another student should contact the Dean of Students Office or Public Safety.
The Office of Equity and Diversity houses several federal and state policies and is charged with overseeing their compliance. The policies include but are not limited to: The NJ Policy Prohibiting Discrimination in the Workplace, Americans with Disabilities Act, Title IX Compliance, Rowan University Workplace Violence Policy, Executive Orders 34 & 151- Small, Minorities, and Women Business Enterprises (SMWBE), and EEO Compliant Search Practices.
The Office of Equity and Diversity is located in Linden Hall. The Assistant Vice President of Equity and Diversity/Chief Equity Compliance Officer reports to the President and the Vice President of Employee and Labor Relations.
Inquiries should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity at 856-256-4294, 856-256-5494, or 856-256-5440 or through e-mail email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com
Americans with Disabilities Act
Discrimination Policy and Forms
- New Jersey State Policy Prohibiting Discrimination in the Workplace
- Model Procedures for Internal Complaints
- Acknowledgment of Receipt of Policy
- NJ Discrimination Complaint Processing Form
- Preventing Employment Discrimination Training
Search Committee Information
- Search Committee Orientation Fact Sheet
- Search Training Video (for resource purpose only-does not register in Banner) For official training please go to Banner Self Serve under the Employee tab then under Professional Development tab. Please be advised that you must go through the entire video without fast forwarding. The confirmation button will only show on the very last slide. Do not sign off until the confirm button comes up. Once confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email. From off campus you must be signed in through VPN.
- Search Training Slides PDF
- Hardcopy EEO Record
- EEO Hiring Record
In compliance with Title IX, Rowan University does not deny or limit any student the ability to participate in or benefit from any University program on the basis of sex/gender. Complaints of any violation to Title IX will be investigated and addressed.
All forms are in PDF format. If you do not have a PDF viewer on your computer, please click here.