Skip Navigation

International Student Services

Student Health Services and Requirements

The Student Health Center provides medical treatment of acute illness and injuries as well as preventative care to Rowan students. Physicians and the Nurse Practitioner are available during scheduled times and Registered Nurses are available during all hours of operation. Please visit the Student Health Center website for services, resources, and additional information.

The following requirements must be met by all students before moving into campus housing and beginning classes:

Health and Immunization Requirements

• Proof of immunization is required for all accepted students.
• All students attending Rowan are required to complete the Health and Immunization forms explained on the Health Center Website prior to their arrival at Rowan.
• The completed forms must be received by the Student Health Center no later than July 15 for Fall students and December 15 for Spring students.
• If you do not complete these requirements by the above dates, you will not be permitted to live on campus or begin classes.

Please be sure to read the Student Health Center's Important Notice About Health Requirements for international students.

Health Insurance Requirements

F-1 Students
New Jersey state law requires that every person enrolled as a full-time student must maintain health insurance coverage (New Jersey Statute 18A:62-15). To help you meet this requirement, Rowan University automatically enrolls all matriculated full-time F-1 students for the entire academic year in the Student Health Insurance plan provided by UnitedHealthcare and charges a fee to their student bill. More detail about the requirement is available from the Student Health Center here.

Students who provide documented evidence of current health insurance coverage may waive the University Student Health Insurance. Visit the Health Insurance page on the Bursar's Office website and carefully follow the instructions provided.

Please be aware that the International Center does not have access to your non-Rowan health insurance information. We advise you to ensure that your non-Rowan health insurance information is readily accessible in the case of an emergency. If you would like add your non-Rowan health insurance information to the International Center’s files, please bring a photocopy of your insurance card to the office.

J-1 Exchange Visitors
The U.S. Department of State federally mandates all J status holders to carry current health insurance coverage. J-1 visa students cannot use the Rowan student insurance plan in place of the insurance required for exchange visitors.