Skip Navigation

International Student Services

International Travel

All international students must visit the International Center before traveling out of the United States to review your immigration status and documents. You must complete and submit the Signature for Travel Form.

In addition to the following information, please review the Reentry FAQ for F-1 Students.

Travel Warnings
There are many travel warnings for international students. Do not travel out of the country if:

• Page three of your I-20 is not signed by a Designated School Official.
• Your visa has expired (You will need a valid visa to re-enter the U.S.)
• You don’t have a visa for the country you want to visit and they require one from citizens of your country.
• You are in the process of changing your status.
• Your I-20 is in terminated or completed status.
• You are in the process of reinstatement.
• Your OPT has been approved but you do not yet have a written job offer.
• You are at or near the end of your program or OPT.

Travel Documents
Below is a list of travel documents required for reentry into the United States:

• Valid Form I-20 endorsed for travel by the International Center of Rowan University
• Valid passport (for more than 6 months from date of intended return)
• Valid visa

If you are on OPT, you will need the following additional documents:

• EAD card
• If you have not yet received the EAD card, you must carry the original receipt notice issued by the Vermont Service Center confirming your request for OPT.
• Letter from employer confirming that either you are employed or have been offered employment

Please remember: If your OPT has been approved but you do not yet have a written job offer, you cannot travel out of the U.S. If you leave the U.S. prior to receiving a written job offer, your OPT will end and you will not be able to re-enter the U.S.