Faculty and Research Interests
Daniel J. Chandler, PhD
Science Center 217
Drexel University College of Medicine,
Organizational and functional properties of the central monoaminergic projection systems and how they adapt in response to stress
(Updated January 2017)
- Prouty EW, Waterhouse BD, Chandler DJ. Corticotropin releasing factor dose-dependently modulates excitatory synaptic transmission in the noradrenergic nucleus locus coeruleus. Eur J Neurosci, 1-11, December 2016.
- Waterhouse BD, Chandler DJ. Heterogeneous organization and function of the central noradrenergic system. Brain Res, 1641(Pt B): v-x, June 2016.
- Chandler DJ. Evidence for a specialized role of the locus coeruleus noradrenergic system in cortical circuitries and behavioral operations. Brain Res, 1641(Pt B): 197-206, June 2016
- Chandler DJ, Waterhouse BD, Gao WJ. New perspectives on catecholaminergic regulation of executive circuits: evidence for independent modulation of prefrontal functions by midbrain dopaminergic and noradrenergic neurons. Front Neural Circuits, 8(53), 1-10, May 2014.
- Chandler DJ, Gao WJ, Waterhouse BD. Heterogeneous organization of the locus coeruleus projections to prefrontal and motor cortices. Proc Natl Acad Sci, 111(18): 6816-21, May 2014.
- Chandler DJ. Something's got to give: psychiatric disease on the rise and novel drug development on the decline. Drug Discov Today,18(3-4): 202-6, February 2013.
- Chandler DJ, Lamperski CS, WaterhouseBD. Identification and distribution of projections from monoaminergic and cholinergic nuclei to functionally differentiated subregions of prefrontal cortex. Brain Res, 1522: 38-58, 2012.