Office of Contracting & Procurement
Linden Hall, Suite 136
201 Mullica Hill Road
Glassboro, New Jersey 08028
Phone (856) 256-4171
Fax (856) 256-5623
Commencement 2017 : Three honorary doctorates, six Medals of Excellence and two distinguished alumni | More
Commencement 2017 Event Information | More
Freehold High takes top honors in the 31st Annual Rowan University Programming Contest | More
Mechanical Engineering's Smitesh Bakrania receives Fulbright award to New Zealand | More
More than 400 students showcase their STEM research at 20th annual symposium | More
The Office of Contracting & Procurement is now located
in BUNCE HALL SUITE 208. Click here for a map.
Please read our NEWSLETTER and let us know what you think! Email Karen James with comments and ideas!
The Office of Contracting & Procurement is dedicated to support the University's mission of education and research through fair and competitive procurement processes while fully complying with all applicable laws and internal policies and procedures.
At all times the Office of Contracting & Procurement strives to provide services with personal and professional standards that reflect the principles of ethics, integrity and respect.
The Office of Contracting & Procurement’s vision is to maximize our value as a partner in the Rowan community. The department embraces a spirit of continuous improvement utilizing a customer-centric, collaborative approach to sourcing and procurement.
The Office of Contracting & Procurement core values are as follows:
- Customer Focus - Delivering service to the University that is keenly focused on the best interests of our community.
- Accountability - Good stewardship in all our business practices.
- Adaptability - Efficiently changing course when the need arises; i.e., environmental causes, staff roles, technological advances, or regulation/policy changes.
- Collaboration - Effective teamwork and strong partnerships throughout the department and the University.
- Community Development - Building the knowledge and skills needed to excel in individual and departmental roles.
- Workplace Diversity - Embracing various backgrounds and perspectives in our workforce so we can best serve our broad customer base.
CODE OF ETHICS
- The Office of Contracting & Procurement is tasked with complying with the following ethical standards:
Avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions, and communications.
- Demonstrate loyalty to the University by diligently following the lawful instructions, using reasonable care and only the authority granted.
- Refrain from any private business or professional activity that would create a conflict between personal interests and the interests of Rowan University.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting money, loans, credits, or prejudicial discounts, and the acceptance of gifts, entertainment, favors or services from present or potential suppliers, which might influence, or appear to influence procurement decisions. Supplier paid site visits or training for University employees are not permitted unless stipulated as part of a formal supplier contract that was reviewed and approved by Purchasing Services.
- Handle information of a confidential or proprietary nature to the University or suppliers with due care and proper consideration of ethical and legal ramifications and governmental regulations.
Refrain from reciprocal agreements, which restrain competition.
- Know and obey the letter and spirit of laws governing the procurement function and remain alert to the legal ramifications of purchasing decisions.
- Demonstrate support for socially responsible purchasing to include economic inclusion initiatives and sustainable purchasing programs.
- Conduct international procurement in accordance with the laws, customs, and practices of foreign countries, consistent with United States laws, and University financial policies and procedures and the above ethical standards.