Ilyasah Al Shabazz, third daughter of slain civil rights leader Malcolm X, to speak at annual Rosa Parks Luncheon | More
Rowan engineering prof lands prestigious Science Center grant | More
Six Rowan Radio productions awarded in 2017 BEA competition | More
Rowan students offer free income tax preparation services to qualified community residents | More
Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin to discuss presidential leadership in lecture at Rowan | More
Notice: (2/2/17) Rowan University is currently experiencing a high incidence of influenza on campus. This is consistent with the surrounding area in Southern NJ.
- Students that are experiencing a fever associated with body aches, chills, sore throat, or dry cough should call the Wellness Center for an appointment or go to a local urgent care.
- Any student diagnosed with the flu from the Wellness Center or local healthcare partner will be instructed to return home for the duration of illness. Flu typically lasts 3-5 days.
- Roommates of students confirmed to have the flu are encouraged to contact the Wellness Center to discuss preventative medication.
- The Wellness Center recommends frequent hand washing, cleaning of touch surfaces, coughing/sneezing into your sleeve, practice social distancing (remaining 6 feet from others whenever possible) and get your flu shot yearly.
- Get a flu shot at no cost to you. Call the Wellness Center at 856-256-4333 to schedule an appointment.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Service for males and females is provided by FamCare Inc. Call 856-794-1235 to make an appointment or visit our Services Offered page for more information.
- IMPORTANT REMINDER: New Freshmen and Transfer students must submit their completed Mandatory Pre-Entrance Health Forms no later than December 15th. Students submitting any requirement(s) after their due date may receive up to $100 in late fees and an Immunization Hold.
- Meningococcal Disease Frequently Asked Questions
- Helpful information about the Common Cold.
- Helpful information about Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu): Stomach Flu Educational Flyer and Progression Diet.
- Appointments are required to be seen at Student Health Services (SHS)
- Appointments can be made by calling the Wellness Center at 856-256-4333. Certain types of appointments can be made by visiting OWL (Online Wellness Link). If you are making an appointment through OWL and don't see your appointment you must call the Wellness Center to schedule the appointment.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Service for males and females is provided by FamCare Inc. Call 856-794-1235 to make an appointment or visit our Services Offered page for more information. For more information of STD Testing Options visit our Sexual & Reproductive Health page.
- Making appointments for the wrong reason may result in your appointment being cancelled and rescheduled. This is because we may need to schedule a longer appointment time for you or schedule you with a different medical provider.
- Students should cancel any appointment they are unable to make prior to the appointment time. Students that do not show for a scheduled appointment will receive a No Show Charge.
- Students under 18 years of age must have a parent/legal guardian sign a Consent for Treatment prior to their visit.
The mission of the Student Health Services (SHS) of Rowan University strives to remove health-related barriers to learning, to promote optimal wellness, to enable clients to make informed decisions about health issues, and to empower students to be self-directed and well informed health care consumers.
For information about our Alcohol & Other Drug Services, please visit the Counseling and Psychological Services page here.
Student Health Services
The Wellness Center at Winans Hall
201 Mullica Hill Rd.
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Phone (856) 256-4333
Fax (856) 256-4427